To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: Academics, Health Science
Job Title: Part-time Instructor (Adjunct) - Dental Assistant Program
At the WSU Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology (WSU Tech) we are DRIVEN by our mission of creating opportunities for a better life to our students and providing the best trained workforce for area employers.
You are to deliver ENTHUSIASTIC, POSITIVE, and EXCEPTIONAL service, regardless of the job, working for our students, other employees, and community partners/employers. Show GRIT and GRACE and strive to give it your all 100% of the time, because you are to be of service. You will serve our students and your co-workers who deserve your best.
An Adjunct Instructor works for the college on a part-time basis teaching one or multiple courses during a given semester. However, future courses are not assured. As with all Faculty, the primary responsibility of an Adjunct Instructor is to provide the coordination, planning, preparation, presentation, and evaluation of classroom instruction and related activities. The instructor is responsible for performing assigned duties during the day, evening, or weekend on any Wichita Area Technical College campus/off-campus locations as assigned. At a minimum, the related activities include instruction, instructional counseling, recruiting and all duties as directed by the Program Director, Associate Dean, Dean, VP of General Education & Health Sciences, or the President.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Professional delivery face to face classroom lecture/lab instructional curriculum to students.
- Preparation and development of curriculum, instructional materials and course scheduling (As per KBOR and industry requirements).
- Maintain Instructor office hours to prepare and grade student evaluations and lab projects. This time is also utilized to schedule appointments with students as needed.
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship with program Industry Advocate Team (IAT) members. Activities include scheduling team members as guest speakers, coordination to assist in job placement and possible donations of equipment and supplies.
- Student Recruitment and retention activities including but not limited to high school visits and college activities, such as Open House, a variety of tours and participation in other college activities.
- Purchase and maintain instructional equipment meeting industrial safety and operational standards.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Bachelor degree required for didactic instruction and technical certificate required for laboratory instruction.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience in industry required.
- Must possess or be eligible to obtain Certified Dental Assistant certification.
- Possess current licensure/certification/registration as required by profession.
- Teaching experience in adult education preferred
- Required knowledge of computers and various software applications, including basic knowledge of Microsoft applications.
Other Position Requirements:
- Works effectively and productively as a team member. Keeps others informed of information needed. Treats others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintains effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Uses diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintains acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensures appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Is flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produces quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identifies what needs to be done and takes appropriate action.
- Completes assigned work; meets deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Performs work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Participates in a minimum of 20 hours professional development activities per year to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student or College needs, deadlines and delivery of services. Long periods of sitting and/or standing will be required. Data entry/typing is required. Sufficient vision and hearing are required to complete the work and interact with students, staff, faculty and the public. Independent travel by car or public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses/locations when needed. Evening and weekend work may be required. Work schedule will be as needed and required by administration to accomplish assigned duties.
All of the above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by the position. Duties and assignments may be modified as needed.
5/15/2019 12:00:00 AM