To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: AA/Gen Ed & Health Sciences
Job Title: Director of Simulation Education
Salary: $62000.00 Annually
Salary Range $67,000 - $72,000 DOQAt the WSU Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology (WSU Tech) we are DRIVEN by our mission of creating opportunities for a better life to our students and providing the best trained workforce for area employers.
You are to deliver ENTHUSIASTIC, POSITIVE, and EXCEPTIONAL service, regardless of the job, working for our students, other employees, and community partners/employers. Show GRIT and GRACE and strive to give it your all 100% of the time, because you are to be of service. You will serve our students and your co-workers who deserve your best.
The Director of Simulation Education will plan and oversee simulation activities throughout the college and ensure that simulation equipment is effectively utilized to enhance student learning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops simulations with input from program director, faculty and clinical coordinator
- Works with program directors and clinical coordinator to schedule simulation experiences.
- Creates and maintains a current schedule for use of simulation hospital
- Assists program directors and clinical coordinator in securing substitutes as necessary for skills/simulation faculty
- Attends faculty meetings and provides updates on simulations as necessary
- Coordinates maintenance of simulation equipment
- Provides orientation for simulation hospital and related equipment as well as training faculty, staff, and others as necessary on simulation activities
- Monitors and maintains supply inventory for simulation hospital
- Maintains clinical simulation expertise through attending conferences, workshops, reading books and journals, and other means as necessary
- Serves as a resource for faculty in application of evidence-based practice using simulation techniques.
- Coordinates simulation scenarios with faculty and lab aide
- Assists lab aide with programming simulation scenarios
- Regularly consults with program directors, clinical coordinator, faculty, and Dean to develop, review and track simulation exercises
- Promotes awareness and utilization of simulation facilities throughout the community and coordinates external use of simulation facilities.
- Ensures compliance with INACSL guidelines.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Bachelor of Science degree in a health related field.
- CHSE and CHOS preferred.
- Simulation experience including 2 years of high fidelity simulation proficiency
- Knowledge of INACLS and other professional standards
- Good working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be reliable, task-oriented and have excellent time management skills
Other Position Requirements:
- Works effectively and productively as a team member. Keeps others informed of information needed. Treats others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintains effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Uses diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintains acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensures appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Is flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produces quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identifies what needs to be done and takes appropriate action.
- Completes assigned work; meets deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Performs work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Focuses on the Shocker PROUD Competencies: Professional, Responsive, Open, Understanding, and Dependable
- Participates in a minimum of 20 hours professional development activities per year to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation. Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services, some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student needs, deadlines and delivery of services, including evening and weekend work when necessary. Long periods of sitting or standing will be required. Independent travel to by car and public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses when needed. If driving a personal vehicle for college business, a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance is required.
All of the above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by the position. Duties and assignments may be modified as needed.
5/21/2019 12:00:00 AM