To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: Strategic Innovations
Job Title: Part Time Trainer, Workforce Education
At the WSU Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology (WSU Tech) we are DRIVEN by our mission of creating opportunities for a better life to our students and providing the best trained workforce for area employers.
You are to deliver ENTHUSIASTIC, POSITIVE, and EXCEPTIONAL service, regardless of the job, working for our students, other employees, and community partners/employers. Show GRIT and GRACE and strive to give it your all 100% of the time, because you are to be of service. You will serve our students and your co-workers who deserve your best.
The Industry Trainer will provide course instruction and assess student learning in his/her area of expertise to students. Instruction may include classroom lecture, facilitating group discussions and projects, and/or computer laboratory instruction at various College and/or industry locations. Primary teaching assignments will include areas of expertise on-site at industry location with flexibility for day, afternoon, evening, weekend and/or online classes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Relates to students in a professional manner that demonstrates respect for the individual
- Reviews course content with administrator or designee or industry client prior to instruction, including attainment of certification in work ethic proficiency.
- Meets with class(es) on the scheduled dates for the full duration of class time
- Presents instruction in a manner consistent with lesson objectives and course outcomes
- Seeks student feedback to identify and meet student needs in order to make them more qualified and efficient in the workplace.
- Evaluates learning in an ongoing effort to document student mastery of course objectives
- Performs paperwork related to the assignment, including completion of all required reports
- Maintains classroom environment that supports learning
- Submits attendance/participation by the established due date(s)
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Associates degree, preferred
- Teaching experience in adult education, preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook applications.
- Demonstrates ability adn knowledge to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrates professionalism and positive work ethics.
- Excellent communication skills.
Other Position Requirements:
- Works effectively and productively as a team member. Keeps others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintains effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Uses diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintains acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensures appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produces quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identifies what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Completes assigned work; meets deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Performs work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Focuses on the Shocker PROUD Competencies: Professional, Responsive, Open, Understanding and Dependable
- Participates in at least 20 hours of professional development activities to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services, some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student needs, deadlines and delivery of services, including evening and weekend work when necessary. Long periods of sitting or standing will be required. Independent travel to by car and public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses when needed. If driving a personal vehicle for college business, a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance is required.
All of the above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by the position. Duties and assignments may be modified as needed.
5/21/2019 12:00:00 AM