To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Spirit Squad Coach (Part-Time)
Plan, develop and direct practices, game day performances and community appearances of the spirit squad.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Daily administration and supervision of the spirit squad
- Coordinating tryouts and spirit camps
- Scheduling and overseeing group routines and travel
- Scheduling and being present at practices and athletic events specified by the Athletic Department
- Monitor academic progress and eligibility status of spirit squad athletes
- To demonstrate leadership on our campus through the recruitment and development of athletic teams.
- To manage within budgetary guidelines.
- To understand policies and procedures, rules, code of conduct and eligability requirements of national and state athletic associations. (NJCAA/KJCCC)
- To adhere to a stronge sense of public perception/GCCC and the City of Garden City.
Previous collegiate coaching experience. Knowledge in the planning and implementation of fundraising programs. Experience with recruiting high quality athletes and coordinating tryouts. Experience with budget management. Working knowledge of the (NCA) National Cheerleading Association or the (UCA). Universal Cheerleading Association.
High School Diploma required. Associate's Degree preferred. . Certification from the USAG or AACCA preferred.
Work normally involves contacts with persons beyond immediate associates generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion. Outside contacts take the form of service to the public (students, visitors or vendors) requiring ordinary courtesy in providing assistance and information.
Must have a passion for excellence and a commitment toward student success. Must have knowledge of national rules and regulations. Computer skills required. Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as an ability to interact with a wide variety of people in various situations. Ability to maintain confidential information in professional manner required, ability to recruit off campus and to lead and supervise athletes.
The physical demands for this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Head Cheer/Yell/Dance Coach. The essential functions are but not limited to lifting, carrying equipment, sitting, climbing, kneeling, standing and walking. Requires the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time. It also requires constant hand grasp and finger dexterity; extended standing, walking and repetitive leg and arm movements; occasional bending; reaching forward, side-to-side, downward and overhead; and squatting and kneeling. Job requires above average agility and dexterity.
Work is generally indoors but could be ocassional exposure to variable conditions such as the outdoors and weather.
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position.
- Personal resume
- Fill out online application at www.hrepartners.com
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates
- Up to three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the office of Human Resources by the individual providing the reference
Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Human Resources, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9574.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Coordinator of Accommodations, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
5/24/2019 12:00:00 AM