To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Pratt Community College
Job Title: Accounts Payable Clerk
Salary: $0 Monthly
General Description and Purpose
Accountant, performing all procedures on computer system and the manual back-up for all payables, along with some analyzing of the balance sheet and income statements (General Ledger) activity. Responsible for efficient operation of the payable process.
- Operation of accounts payable system- all funds.
- Review account codes and account balances before PO’s are encumbered.
- Encumber all PO’s and check requests.
- Receive and process invoices.
- Prepare paper files and computer data entry for payment.
- Generate and distribute all checks.
- Generate annual PO’s and monthly check requests for institution.
- Assist in accounting for all disbursements and receipts.
- Assist in processing of financial reports.
- Develop journal entries as required.
- Back-up payroll clerk when absent.
- Responsible to the Vice President of Finance and Operations to alert if any potential problem areas rise.
- Work with auditors to supply information on accounts payable in the preparation of the annual audit.
- Maintain inventory database.
- Maintain files on separate grants.
- Other duties as assigned by Controller.
Coordination and Accountability Tasks
Supervises the Following Staff
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Characteristics
- Knowledge of accounting.
- Knowledge of fund accounting.
- Knowledge of data processing.
- 10 key applications.
- Communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Analysis of accounts skills.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to be responsible and work well with people.
- Attentive to details.
- Two years experience in computerized data entry and accounting.
- Two year college courses in business, accounting and computer skills preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Work experience in not-for-profit-accounting environment preferred.
5/24/2019 12:00:00 AM