To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: Gen Ed, Health Sciences
Job Title: Part Time Faculty (Adjunct) Veterinary Technician
Job Description: Part-time faculty (Adjunct), Veterinary Technician Program
At the WSU Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology (WSU Tech) we are DRIVEN by our mission of creating opportunities for a better life to our students and providing the best trained workforce for area employers.
You are to deliver ENTHUSIASTIC, POSITIVE, and EXCEPTIONAL service, regardless of the job, working for our students, other employees, and community partners/employers.
Show GRIT and GRACE and strive to give it your all 100% of the time, because you are to be of service. You will serve our students and your co-workers who deserve your best.
The Adjunct Faculty Instructor provides subject matter expertise in his/her area of expertise to students enrolled in the Veterinary Technology program. Instruction may include classroom lecture, facilitating group discussion and projects, and/or laboratory instruction. Instruction may include: teaching courses, adhering to lesson plans, meeting course objectives, beginning and ending courses on time as scheduled, adhering to faculty ethical and professional behaviors, and other duties at the discretion of the Program Director or Dean of Health Sciences
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivers face to face, hybrid, or online classroom lecture/lab/clinical instructional curriculum to students in a professional manner.
- Prepares and develops curriculum, instructional materials and course schedules (As per KBOR and industry requirements).
- Returns graded work in a timely and consistent manner
- Submits grades by the established due date and assist the registrar in maintaining an accurate record of class enrollment
- Maintains Instructor office hours to prepare and grade student evaluations and lab projects. This time is also utilized to schedule appointments with students as needed.
- Develops and maintains a positive relationship with program Industry Advocate Team (IAT) members. Activities include scheduling team members as guest speakers, coordination to assist in job placement and possible donations of equipment and supplies.
- Participates in student recruitment and retention activities, including but not limited to high school visits and college activities, such as Open House, a variety of tours and in other college activities.
- Purchases and maintains instructional equipment, meeting industrial safety and operational standards.
- Performs other duties as necessary at the discretion of the Program Director and/or Dean of Health Sciences.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Associates degree in Veterinary Technology required, Doctorate (DVM) preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ full time work experience in industry preferred.
- Must possess current licensure/certification/registration as required by profession.
- Must possess or be eligible to obtain Veterinary (DVM) or Veterinary Technician Licensure (RVT) in the state of Kansas.
- Teaching experience in adult education preferred.
- Required knowledge of computers and various software applications, including basic knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exhibits professional, friendly manner to students, staff, administration, visitors, and others
Other Position Requirements:
- Works effectively and productively as a team member. Keeps others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintains effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Uses diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintains acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensures appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produces quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identifies what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Completes assigned work; meets deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Performs work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Focuses on the Shocker PROUD Competencies: Professional, Responsive, Open, Understanding and Dependable
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation. Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services, some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student needs, deadlines and delivery of services, including evening and weekend work when necessary. Long periods of sitting or standing will be required. Independent travel to by car and public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses when needed. If driving a personal vehicle for college business, a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance is required.
All of the above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by the position. Duties and assignments may be modified as needed.
5/28/2019 12:00:00 AM