To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: Human Resources
Job Title: Part-time Summer Youth Employment
Salary: $8.00 Hourly
These positions are available ONLY to applicants referred to WSU Tech by the Workforce Center & who are participating in the Summer Youth Employment program.
3 Summer Youth positions are available - 1 in Finance/Accounting, 1 in Maintenance, 1 in the FutureMaker Mobile Learning Lab. All are part-time positions working 20-25 hours per week. Job duties will vary based on the position.
Under general supervision performs a wide variety of duties, including but not limited to: performing computer functions, typing, filing, copying, scanning, distributing mail, answering phones, proofreading, editing, compiling and preparing reports and spreadsheets, and interacting with multiple divisions within the College.
- Provides administrative support for the finance/budgeting staff; works closely with staff assisting with a range of general support and organizational duties (create and edit PowerPoint presentations and spreadsheets, create and maintain filing systems, photocopying, faxing, scanning, hand---delivering documents on campus)
- Assists with producing reports/documents for various projects.
- May include but not limited to: assisting with the development, maintenance, and proofreading of documents, reports, and Excel spreadsheets.
- Communicates effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Must be punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance including but not limited to: attendance standards and work deadlines; beginning and ending assignments on time; and scheduled work breaks (where applicable).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Administrative education and/or experience preferred. Ability to multi-task and prioritize with strong organization skills.
- Good with math problems.
- Strong attention to detail, well organized.
- Proficient in computer applications, including Outlook, Word & Excel.
- Adequate knowledge of office equipment (i.e., printers, copiers).
- Ability to multi-task.
For the Maintenance position:
Assist WSU Tech Facilities Technicians with routine facility and grounds maintenance and follows oral and written directions given.
- Safely performs routine building maintenance jobs such as light bulb replacement, filter replacements, battery replacements with minimal supervision.
- Moves classroom furniture/equipment/supplies as needed.
- Assists with set-up of campus events as needed.
- Safely performs grounds maintenance duties as directed.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Be able to proficiently and safely use general purpose tools and equipment, including grounds keeping equipment.
- High School Student w/ some previous related experience preferred.
- Good attention to detail.
For the FutureMaker Mobile Learning Lab position:
Support the FutureMaker Program during community and school events using a mobile unit that travels throughout the community called the FutureMaker Mobile Learning Lab. This position is responsible for enthusiastically engaging participants, and demonstrating the FutureMaker equipment to encourage STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) careers and trades. The FutureMaker Mobile Learning Lab is a school and community events service. Employee schedules are adapted on an event and college needs basis. Team members are expected to have a schedule that is flexible and adaptable to the needs and demands of the program for this position.
- Provides excellent customer service to visitors.
- Assists students with the operation of devices to increase interest in STEM careers.
- Works effectively with the FutureMaker team and lab participants.
- Actively assists with event setup and pack up of gear, working in a team environment.
- Assists team with maintenance and design projects for lab improvement.
- Assists in development of new stations to support STEM careers.
- Assists team in development of curriculum and teacher resources to support demonstrations.
- Ability to project with a clear and understandable voice in a low-level background noise environment for extended periods of time.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
5/29/2019 12:00:00 AM