To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Marketing and Public Relations Coordinator
Coordinate and execute specific tasks within the marketing and public relations department, in order to assist the Director of Marketing and Public Relations in promoting a positive public image for the college using effective communication and media promotion.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Serve as photographer and videographer for various events on and off campus.
- Manage social media accounts, including creating Facebook events, publishing various announcements, and creating engaging and well-written content for all official accounts.
- Manage the weekly radio appearance schedule-including scheduling campus representatives for interviews and sending reminders to weekly participants and radio station personnel.
- Organize periodic newspaper interviews with students and/or employees for campus events and announcements.
- Send campus-wide announcements.
- Select and procure promotional items for trade shows, promotional booths, campus events, and departmental recruiting.
- Orchestrate the reception of sales calls and drop-in sales visits for the Director of Marketing and Public Relations.
- Record radio announcements and interviews, when necessary.
- Assist the Director of Marketing and Public Relations with the planning and preparation for various internal and external presentations.
- Assist with writing website content.
- Orchestrate the reception of and follow-up on internal marketing and public relations requests for various departments.
- Assist the Director of Marketing with event planning and event promotion.
- Assist with minor design/print work.
- Oversee work study and intern workload and assignments.
- Enter purchase order/card requisitions.
- To promote a positive public image for the college among all colllege constituents, both internal and external.
- To help the college to remain responsive to constituents' needs by serving as a link to administration on community and other group concerns.
- To understand the responsibilities of being role models to students on the campus.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: One to three years of similar or related experience. Previous experience working with newspapers, TV, radio, websites, and with social media preferred. Exceptional writing skills preferred.
Education: Minimum of Associate’s degree in a related field required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Interpersonal Skills: Possess initiative, creativity, and the ability to prioritize and plan effectively. Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the college for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Other Skills: One to three years public relations and/or writing or editing experience is preferred. Experience working with media; experience in higher education preferred. Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication, or public relations preferred. Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills necessary. Ability to operate computer equipment and software including word-processing, spreadsheet, and internal database mainframe for record keeping and communication purposes (Microsoft Office preferred). Occasional evening and/or weekend hours.
Physical Requirements: The work is generally sedentary. Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of light items, driving an automobile, etc. Job requires minimal agility and dexterity.
Work Environment: Work is generally performed in an indoor setting.
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position.
- Personal resume
- Fill out online application at www.hrepartners.com. Please submit supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates
- Up to three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the office of Human Resources by the individual providing the reference
Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Human Resources, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9574.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Coordinator of Accommodations, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
6/1/2019 12:00:00 AM