To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Assistant Men's Basketball Coach
Analyzes performance and instructs student athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition; observes players while they perform to determine need for individual or team improvement; and coaches players individually or in groups, demonstrating techniques of sport coached.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Instructing student athletes in the rules, regulations, and techniques to be a success in the sport.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group conditioning, training, practice activities/exercises as directed by the Head Coach.
- Assesses player's skills, monitors players academic and athletic efforts as well as competition and practice, and keeps the Head Coach informed on all matters.
- Assists with game preparation and game strategy including but not limited to scouting, game film and network with other opponents.
- Supervising athletes during practices, conditioning, training, and competition.
- Follows established procedures communicates with training staff in regards to athlete's injury.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Maintains the equipment room in orderly condition and assumes responsibility for its security as well as equipment and contents.
- Distributes equipment, supplies, and uniforms to student athletes as directed by the Head Coach.
- Assists the Head Coach with coordinating efforts to assist the student athlete to playing at the next level.
- Performs support tasks such as collecting, filing, and distributing of eligibility documents, all statistical information, and other related records.
- Comprehensive knowledge of policies, procedures, rules, code of conduct and eligibility requirements of the Kansas Junior College Athletics Association, Region VI and the National Junior College Athletics Association By-Laws through all aspects of recruiting, eligibility, and practice.
- Motivate the student/athlete to engage in college and community life as well as make a positive contribution to society on and off campus.
- Demonstrate leadership on our campus through the recruitment, development of athletic team and support of other college programs.
- Assist Head Coach in management of proposed fiscal year budget.
- Make every effort to cast a positive public perception to Garden City Community College and the community of Garden City.
- Assist in supervising and monitoring all aspect of team travel.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Two to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: Assoicate Degree required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the college for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Other Skills: BS degree in physical education or related field preferred plus 4-5 years' experience with college-level program or as a high school head coach. Must have knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations. Three years recruiting experience preferred, as is experience in an academic discipline or higher education. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are necessary. Ability to maintain confidential information in professional manner required. Computer proficiency necessary (Microsoft Office preferred).
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position.
- Personal resume
- Fill out online application at www.hrepartners.com. Please submit supporting documents to email@example.com.
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates
- Up to three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the office of Human Resources by the individual providing the reference
Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Human Resources, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9574.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Coordinator of Accommodations, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
6/1/2019 12:00:00 AM