To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Head Strength and Conditioning Coach
Plan, develop, educate and direct strategy for strength, conditioning, nutrition and coaching student athletes in the athletic department programs: Football, Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Soccer, and Track. Directs the conditioning of student athletes to achieve maximum athletic performance, assesses players' skills and designs a program of development.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Overall organization of two (2) athletic department weight rooms, design programs for successful athletic development for college student-athletes. General organization of all strength and conditioning.
- Develop Recruiting presentation for in-state and out-of-state athletes and assist in all recruiting efforts.
- Promote college in a positive light. Promote student academic and athletic success.
- Monitor and report student athlete attendance and development of strength and conditioning for our athletic programs.
- Perform teaching duties as assigned.
- Responsible for the purchase of equipment including equipment bidding and purchasing.
- To adhere to community life, national athletic association and state standards.
- To demonstrate leadership on our campus through the recruitment and development of athletic teams.
- To manage operations within budgetary guidelines.
- To maintain positive perception of athletic development on campus in community and region.
- Be available to travel with teams.
- To understand community college mission.
- To exercise effective philosophy of coaching.
- To make and keep commitment to program success.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Two to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: Bachelor's degree. Master's degree or willingness to obtain one preferred.
Interpersonal Skills: The ability to motivate or influence including a significant level of diplomacy and trust. High level of interpersonal skill. Work frequently involves contacts requiring considerable discussion of issues, material presentations, and resolutions/solutions impacting departments or divisions.
Other Skills: Bachelor's Degree in Physical Education, Recreation, Health or related field or equivalent plus National Certification. Experience in an academic discipline or higher education, and two years recruiting background desired. Knowledge of national rules and regulations. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to recruit on campus and to lead and supervise student-athletes. Ability to get along with a wide variety of coaching styles in various situations. Computer proficient necessary (Microsoft Office preferred).
Physical Requirements: Work requires moderate physical exertion and long periods of standing, walking, riding in bus or vehicle, some recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching or similar activities. Job may require occasional lifting of heavy objects (over 50 pounds). Job requires above-average agility and dexterity.
Work Environment: Occasional exposure to objectionable conditions or variations such as those found in variable weather conditions.
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position.
- Personal resume
- Fill out online application at www.hrepartners.com. Please submit supporting documents to email@example.com.
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates
- Up to three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the office of Human Resources by the individual providing the reference
Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Human Resources, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9574.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Coordinator of Accommodations, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
6/5/2019 12:00:00 AM