To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: AA/General Education
Job Title: Part Time Instructor (Adjunct Faculty) Interior Design Programs
At the WSU Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology (WSU Tech) we are DRIVEN by our mission of creating opportunities for a better life to our students and providing the best trained workforce for area employers.
You are to deliver ENTHUSIASTIC, POSITIVE, and EXCEPTIONAL service, regardless of the job, working for our students, other employees, and community partners/employers. Show GRIT and GRACE and strive to give it your all 100% of the time, because you are to be of service. You will serve our students and your co-workers who deserve your best.
The adjunct instructor will provide course instruction and assess student learning in his/her area of expertise to students. Instruction may include classroom lecture, facilitating group discussions and projects, and/or computer laboratory instruction at various College locations. Teaching assignments will include between 1-10 credit hours of courses in the field. Day, afternoon, evening, weekend, and/or on-line classes may be available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Relates to students in a professional manner that demonstrates respect for the individual
- Reviews course content with administrator or designee prior to instruction
- Creates and provides students with a detailed syllabus which contains the elements specified on the College syllabus template
- Submits the syllabus/syllabi two weeks before the beginning of class
- Meets with class(es) on the scheduled dates for the full duration of class time
- Returns graded work in a timely and consistent manner
- Seeks student feedback to identify and meet student needs
- Evaluates learning in an ongoing effort to document student mastery of course objectives
- Performs paperwork related to the assignment, including completion of all required reports
- Maintains classroom environment that supports learning
- Submits grades by the established due date and assist the registrar in maintaining an accurate record of class enrollment
- Maintains records of student achievement in the event of a grade appeal
- Meets with Program Director, Coordinators, Dean, and/or VP as requested; and, maintains close communication with the Program Director regarding any classroom or learning issues that may arise.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Associates Degree from a nationally or regionally accredited college, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have a minimum one year experience working as a designer.
- Association credentials are desired, but not required. (IIDA, ASID, NKBA)
- Teaching experience in adult education preferred.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exhibits professional, friendly manner to students, staff, administration, visitors, and others.
- Thorough knowledge of the proper safety and handling of materials used in the field.
- Ability to manage stress effectively.
- Demonstrates professionalism and positive work ethics.
- Accepts responsibility and fulfills commitments while promoting collaboration between day and evening program faculty.
Other Position Requirements:
- Works effectively and productively as a team member. Keeps others informed of information needed. Treats others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintains effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Uses diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintains acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensures appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Is flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produces quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identifies what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Completes assigned work; meets deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Performs work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
Attendance at regularly scheduled meetings and in-services, as well as at meetings that may be scheduled on an impromptu basis. There may be occasional travel between the College locations. Working hours may fluctuate based upon college deadlines, projects being undertaken, and the types of services needing to be provided. Invest the necessary time in performing all tasks necessary in order to accomplish assigned work.
6/5/2019 12:00:00 AM