To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: Marketing & Community Outreach
Job Title: Marketing Specialist
Salary: $16.83 Hourly
At the WSU Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology (WSU Tech) we are DRIVEN by our mission of creating opportunities for a better life to our students and providing the best trained workforce for area employers.
You are to deliver ENTHUSIASTIC, POSITIVE, and EXCEPTIONAL service, regardless of the job, working for our students, other employees, and community partners/employers. Show GRIT and GRACE and strive to give it your all 100% of the time, because you are to be of service. You will serve our students and your co-workers who deserve your best.
The Marketing Specialist position requires interpersonal skills and integrated communications capabilities. The incumbent will contribute enthusiasm, creativity, determination, hard work and a results-oriented focus to the Marketing Department’s primary objective of increasing enrollment. Responsibilities include event planning and coordination, content creation for social media, print and web, and marketing campaign support. The incumbent must be able to respect and adhere to organizational brand and identity standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supports social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day social media activities including:
- Developing relevant content topics to reach the college’s target customers.
- Creating and curating published content (images, video and written).
- Monitoring, listening and responding to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and enrollment.
- Developing and expanding community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Assisting with design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, Blog, etc.).
- Analyzing key metrics and tweaking strategy as needed.
2. Supports public relations initiatives within the college including:
- Using event planning as a marketing tool including independent brainstorming and strategy development, invitations, reservations, logistics, publicity, catering, partnerships and other details in support of creating WSU Tech exposure and a positive experience for prospective students, parents, counselors and others.
- Working with director and business units to allocate and process payments to support events.
3. Originates new strategies and performs marketing tasks to increase student enrollment by:
- Assisting in maintenance of website through developing new story ideas and content generation to include reporting on campus events, student stories etc.
- Assisting with marketing campaigns.
- Interface with vendors and execute contracts on behalf of the College and process payables.
- Engage in self-development and continuing education to maintain necessary skills and knowledge for high levels of personal achievement in the position.
- Identifying, proposing, originating, and implementing new strategies to increase enrollment.
4. Anticipates and identifies prospective student questions, objections or obstacles to enrollment and addresses these challenges with relevant facts, referrals and other problem-solving solutions.
5. Establishes an effective personal work schedule including travel between campuses and throughout Wichita.
6. Continuously improves performance based upon supervisory feedback and personal development opportunities.
7. Performs activities to assist other Divisions with advertising and/or design work.
8. Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, students, co-workers and management.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred. In absence of Bachelor’s degree, a combination of education, training and related experience that relates to the degree and/or position may be considered.
- Minimum of 1 year, or 1 year full time equivalent, work experience in a related role is required.
- Familiarity with Wichita community organizations and local area high school districts, preferred.
- Experience utilizing web and social networking tools to achieve business objectives, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new methods and independently manage projects.
- Positive and persuasive demeanor when recruiting (selling to) prospective students; high energy.
- Aggressive enough to generate leads for database, genuine enough to remain approachable.
- Must communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, basic photography skills.
- Proficient in computer applications including Microsoft Office.
- Print and graphic design skills and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite software, preferred.
- Ability to multi-task, plan, prioritize and independently manage day-to-day needs and strategic objectives.
Other Position Requirements:
- Works effectively and productively as a team member. Keeps others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintains effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Uses diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintains acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensures appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produces quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identifies what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Completes assigned work; meets deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Performs work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Focuses on the Shocker PROUD Competencies: Professional, Responsive, Open, Understanding and Dependable
- Participates in at least 20 hours of professional development activities to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services, some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student needs, deadlines and delivery of services, including evening and weekend work when necessary. Long periods of sitting or standing will be required. Independent travel to by car and public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses when needed. If driving a personal vehicle for college business, a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance is required.
All of the above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by the position. Duties and assignments may be modified as needed.
6/10/2019 12:00:00 AM