To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Emporia State University
Division: University Facilities
Job Title: Custodial Specialist
Salary: $10.89 Hourly
Emporia State University currently has a Custodial Specialist vacancy with the Building Services team, located in Emporia, KS.
If you . . .
- Take pride in the work that you do
- Are known for your ability to quickly and efficiently clean various areas
- Are a self-starter
- Have been recognized for delivering great customer service
. . . then put your skills and abilities to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, university environment.
As a Custodial Specialist you will:
- Respond positively and quickly to internal and external customer requests
- Clean public areas including, but not limited to, hallways, lobbies, restrooms, and meeting spaces
- Sweep, wet mop, scrub, dust, and clean indoors as well as policing debris outdoors as necessary
- Perform snow and ice removal when necessary
The Custodial Specialist:
- Is based in Emporia, KS
- Wages start at $10.89/hr
- Is eligible for a comprehensive benefits package
- Has evening shifts available:
- 2:30p-11:00p on Tuesday-Friday, and noon-8:30p on Saturday
- 2:30p-11:00p on Monday-Thursday, and noon-8:30p on Sunday
- Ability to lift 50 pounds frequently
- Standing or walking for 7 or more hours per shift
- Movements that require manual dexterity, trunk strength, wrist-finger movement, twisting, bending, pushing, and pulling.
Required Education and Experience:
- Experience handling and using a wide variety of cleaning products and equipment
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and possess at least an eighth grade education
How To Apply:
Join the Hornet team as a Custodial Specialist:
- Submit your application through www.hrepartners.com
- (if you do not receive email confirmation, we have not received your application)
- Apply by the deadline: June 23, 2019
Background check required. We regretfully inform you that incomplete and/or late applications may not be considered.
Candidates will be expected to be able to competently perform the routine tasks of the position with limited supervision by the end of the probation period, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact the agency recruiter if reasonable accommodations are needed for any part of the application or hiring process.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Emporia State University considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.
6/11/2019 12:00:00 AM
6/23/2019 11:59:59 PM