To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Web and Systems Administrator
Responsible for the implementation, maintenance, security, and daily support of the GCCC website and SharePoint portal. The Web and Systems Administrator will help end-users with the design and configuration of their departmental pages on the website and portal. The Web and Systems Administrator will also be in charge of special IT Projects as assigned.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provide end-user support for the implementation and design of department Web pages and Ellucian portal SharePoint pages
- Manage and Support web services such as IIS, Apache Tomcat, and the Omni Update Content Management System
- Maintain Microsoft Windows Server and Microsoft SQL Server databases as needed to provide support for the Ellucian Portal, Ellucian Colleague and GCCC Website
- Assist IT staff with the resolution of IT help desk tickets as needed or when asked
- Lead special projects assigned from the Director of IT that could consist of cloud, network, security and Ellucian Colleague design and implementation strategies
- To stay abreast of industry standards and technology.
- To maintain a general knowledge of applicable copyright laws and regulations.
- To monitor all outgoing services and maintain quality customer service.
- To maintain confidentiality in the handling of all college information.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Three or more years of related and progressively more responsible system administration including experience overseeing moderately, complex and/or critical information technology projects, or an equivalent mix of education and experience.
Education: Associate’s degree in computer science preferred.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the college for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Other Skills: Six months to two years of experience in website design and maintenance.
Physical Requirements: The position generally requires light work with occasional lifting of 30 pounds or more, carrying equipment, varying amounts of sitting, climbing, kneeling, standing and walking. Distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus is necessary.
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position.
- Personal resume
- Fill out online application at www.hrepartners.com. Please submit supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates
- Up to three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the office of Human Resources by the individual providing the reference
Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Human Resources, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9574.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Coordinator of Accommodations, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
6/13/2019 12:00:00 AM