To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Geary County
Division: Convention and Visitor's Bureau
Job Title: CVB Marketing Specialist
Salary: $16.26 Hourly
GEARY COUNTY JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: CVB Marketing Specialist
FLSA: Non-Exempt Salary Range: 17
Reports To: CVB Director PCN: cv1003
Department: CVB Date: May 2019
The job duties of the CVB Marketing Specialist include but are not limited to provide marketing communications, public relations, and advertising services for the department while increasing engagement with visitors and tourists through County events; and to provide responsive, courteous and efficient service to County residents and the general public. Performs other duties as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties described below are indicative of what the CVB Marketing Specialist might be asked to perform. This job description is to incorporate any County Resolutions for the position of CVB Marketing Specialist. This position description is not designed to list all tasks and responsibilities of this position. Geary County reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need may arise. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Convention Marketing. Markets Junction City and Geary County as host location for conventions and meetings through personal sales calls, advertising in print and electronically, direct mail, trade shows, formal bid proposals. Coordinates and conducts site visits. Creates customized service packages for conventions/meetings which feature transportation, event planning, registration, materials and others. Serves as liaison between client and meeting facilities. Conducts regular meetings with hotel/facility sales professionals. Acts as a conduit for information regarding Requests for Proposals (RFP) from website and others, gathering responses from appropriate suppliers, responding per client preference. Represents the Junction City/Geary County CVB on related convention sales committees and organizations. Attends trade shows to promote the area as a convention site. Keeps informed and aware of local events and attractions. Develops and maintains awareness in on-going public relations campaigns. Reviews and targets potential business from the competitive set’s calendars and other sources. Builds potential client list. Maintains an awareness of competitors products and promotions and individual issues that influence sales. Manages and conducts booking reports, customized bid proposals and site inspections. Provides Return on Objectives and Return on Investment Reports as requested. Conducts Surveys using print materials and/or Audience Response System. Prepares reports for CVB Advisory Committee. Updates client file information and meeting planner materials.
Leisure and Outdoors Marketing. Performs marketing functions required to solicit and book leisure and outdoor tourism. Assists in creation and implementation of special events and fishing tournaments as warranted. Develops and maintains awareness in on-going public relations campaign. Cultivates group of volunteers to help with outdoor and special events. Attends, sets-up and maintains marketing materials at selected outdoor sport shows and travel shows. Initiates sales blitzes and solicits prospective outdoor related events, consulting with representatives of client groups or organizations to plan details of tournaments or other special events. Writes articles for inclusion in markets supporting our tourism sites and/or events. Creates and distributes press kits and responds to journalist leads. Represents the CVB at local community special events when needed or as required. Assists with production of tourism promotional materials and advertising. Assists in the development and promotion of local and regional tourism attractions, events and outdoor experiences
Group Tour Marketing. Performs sales and marketing functions required to solicit & book group tourism. Implements group travel market objectives outlined in marketing plan. Provides step-on-guide service when required. Attends, sets-up and maintains marketing materials at selected group travel shows.
Sports Marketing. Researches, recommends and implements potential market recommendations for future sport growth. Present oral and written reports about sports/event activity. Research and build potential client database and files
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required at the time of hire or for the continuation of employment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing or closely related field.
- Three (3) years of experience in marketing or communications.
- Valid Kansas driver’s license and access to personal transportation.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient with Windows and Microsoft Office products, Adobe Photoshop.
- Knowledge of hospitality/tourism industry and experience.
- Skills in direct sales, telemarketing, account management, sales presentations (oral and written) and trade show exhibiting.
- Skills in digital video, editing and photography with knowledge of Canon SL1 and SLH1 cameras.
- Knowledge of Social Media Networks.
- Ability to develop and write effective reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast moving, interdependent team environment.
- Professional appearance and mannerisms, trustworthy and dependable.
- Excellent listening and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Willing and able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Able and willing to travel as needed, occasionally overnight.
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow through on assignments and commitments.
- Actively supports and participates in organization events and programs.
- Good personal relations with others – cooperative positive attitude, works well with employees, volunteers and public.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to respond to complaints and grievances posed by the public.
- Ability to define problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to think quickly, maintains self-control, and adapt to stressful situations.
- Ability to use good judgment and effectively solve problems.
PHYSICAL AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical and work environments described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- The duties of this job include physical activities such as stooping, kneeling, standing, reaching, walking, lifting and/or move (up to 20 pounds), grasping, talking, hearing/listening, seeing/observing, and repetitive motions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
- Works primarily in an office setting.
- Due to the volume, scope, size of staff and nature of public service this office provides, full-time regular attendance is essential.
_____________________________ __________ _______________________ __________
Supervisor Date Department Head Date
Human Resources Director Date
EMPLOYEE REVIEW: I have read the above and understand that it is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for performing this job. It is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. I have been given a copy of this description.
_______________________________ ___________ _____________________________________
Incumbent’s Signature Date Incumbent’s name printed
6/19/2019 12:00:00 AM