Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Technical Admissions Representative
Responsible for student recruitment initiatives, including coordinating campus visits, data entry and provides support for the overall operations of the college admissions office. On and off campus recruiting responsibilities to include; representing GCCC at college planning conferences, high school visits, and other recruiting activities across Kansas, Oklahoma and Colorado, telemarketing, on‑campus visits and special recruiting events. Extensive travel required.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- To understand and commit to the Mission of the College ~ To provide challenging and diverse opportunities for the pursuit of learning and to enhance personal and community development in a responsible, accessible and learner-centered environment.
- On and off campus recruiting responsibilities to include: representing GCCC at college planning conferences, high school visits, and other recruiting activities across Kansas, Oklahoma, and Colorado.
- Telemarketing, planning and implementing on-campus visits and special recruiting visits.
- Data Entry, enter applications, transcript evaluations and other pertinent student information into Datatel.
- Maintain written and oral communication with prospective students.
- Assist in the development of all recruitment materials.
- Facilitate in the recruitment efforts by faculty.
- Recruit Traditional and Technical Students: Special emphasis will be placed on the development and administration of recruitment plans targeting service area high school students and graduates. Responsible for phone and mail communication with senior prospective students, and students interested in any technical program.
- High School Visits: Will visit students at their high schools. Some overnight travel required.
- Adult Learning Center: Assist with recruitment efforts, enrollments and advising at the Adult Learning Center.
- Admissions Work Study: Coordinate and oversee duties of student workers.
- Admissions Events: Will assist in the development and implementation of admissions events (may require an occasional Saturday)
- Recruitment Materials: Assist in the development of brochures, web-site, displays, posters, radio and TV advertisements, and view books
- College Presenter: Will become a certified Planning For College presenter for high school presentations.
- Office coverage: Will assist with office duties during peak enrollment times and when necessary. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. To develop and maintain on-going relationships with prospective students and counselors across the state.
2. To maintain contact with prospective students through timely letter production and telemarketing.
3. To represent GCCC in a professional and positive manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience: Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
Education: A Bachelor's degree or willingness to complete a Bachelor's.
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or can be of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Other Skills: Experience in college admissions and/or Financial Aid preferred. Excellent written, spoken and interpersonal communication skills are necessary. Ability to make web page enhancements and perform virtual processes strongly desired. Ability to maintain confidential information in a professional manner is required.
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of items generally not over 25 pounds, driving an automobile, etc. No special physical demands are required to perform the work
Work Environment: Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
Salary: Based on qualifications and experience.
Apply: Position will remain open until filled.
Starting Date: As soon as possible after selection.
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position.
- Personal resume
- Fill out online application at www.hrepartners.com
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates
- Up to three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the Director of Human Resources by the individual providing the reference
Contact: Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Human Resources, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9574.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact the Coordinator of Accommodations, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
6/25/2019 12:00:00 AM