To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Job Title: Part Time Trainer - Dental
At the WSU Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology (WSU Tech) we are DRIVEN by our mission of creating opportunities for a better life to our students and providing the best trained workforce for area employers.
You are to deliver ENTHUSIASTIC, POSITIVE, and EXCEPTIONAL service, regardless of the job, working for our students, other employees, and community partners/employers. Show GRIT and GRACE and strive to give it your all 100% of the time, because you are to be of service. You will serve our students and your co-workers who deserve your best.
The Industry Trainer will provide course instruction and assess student learning in the area of Basic Dental Procedures and Insurance Coding to students. Instruction will include classroom lecture, facilitating and group discussions at various College and/or industry locations. Instructor is needed Friday mornings, 1-2 days per month.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Relates to students in a professional manner that demonstrates respect for the individual
- Reviews course content with administrator or designee or industry client prior to instruction
- Teaches from a lesson plan and agenda that is pre-set.
- Meets with class(es) on the scheduled dates for the full duration of class time
- Presents instruction in a manner consistent with lesson objectives and course outcomes
- Meets the needs of the industry-training managers in a timely and consistent manner. Demonstrates professionalism, high customer service, quality training and continuous improvement in the delivery of training to meet the demands and rigor of the industry.
- Seeks student feedback to identify and meet student needs in order to make them more qualified and efficient in the workplace.
- Evaluates learning in an ongoing effort to document student mastery of course objectives
- Performs paperwork related to the assignment, including completion of all required reports
- Maintains classroom environment that supports learning
- Submits documentation to both the college and the industry by the established due date in a timely and accurate manner.
- Meets with the Project Coordinator as requested; and, maintains close communication regarding all activities, events and communications from industry that are necessary to sustain high quality customer/client relationships.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Associates degree or combination of education, training and related experience that equates to the degree is required.
- Minimum 3 years full time equivalent work experience in the related industry is required.
- Demonstrated history of developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
- Excellent written, verbal, group presentation and communication skills.
- Precise attention to detail and ability to follow explicit directions, processes, and policies.
- A helpful disposition is necessary to deal effectively and courteously with internal and external contacts.
- Classroom management skills are helpful for presenting various student workshops and presenting to students in the classroom.
- Must be able to work autonomously and provide own time management.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a high-pressure environment with timeline pressures.
- Must be able to work a varied work schedule to accommodate as needed.
Other Position Requirements:
- Work effectively and productively as a team member. Keep others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintain effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Use diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrate effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintain acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensure appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produce quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identify what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Complete assigned work; meet deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Perform work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Participate in a minimum of 20 hours professional development activities to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
- Focus on Student Centered Success model, putting their experience first.
- Focus on the Shocker PROUD Competencies: Professional, Responsive, Open, Understanding and Dependable
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services, some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student needs, deadlines and delivery of services, including evening and weekend work when necessary. Long periods of sitting or standing will be required. Independent travel to by car and public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses when needed. If driving a personal vehicle for college business, a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance is required.
All of the above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by the position. Duties and assignments may be modified as needed.
6/28/2019 12:00:00 AM