To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Since this is a public safety position, you will be required to submit extra information as part of the application process.
Employer: City of Lansing
Job Title: Police Officer
Salary: $19.36 Hourly
Position: Police Officer
Salary: $19.36 to $23.71 per hour D.O.Q.
Closing Date: July 26, 2019
SUMMARY OF POSITION INFORMATION & TYPICAL DUTIES
The City of Lansing is currently seeking a candidate to enforce city & state laws, conduct investigations, & assist citizens. Requires good communication skills & passing of various law enforcement tests. Apply online at www.hrepartners.com. Compensation DOQ. Full-time position with excellent benefit package. Retirement benefits through the Kansas Public Employer’s Retirement system (KP&F). Electronic applications only. Equal Opportunity Employer.
After the initial submission of an application, applicants will receive additional documentation and instructions via email. If you do not receive anything in your primary inbox, please check your junk or spam folder.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Possess and maintain a valid Kansas driver’s license
- Have a clean driving record
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Reside within a thirty-mile radius of City
- No criminal record or Brady-Giglio material/issues in background
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college/university
- Kansas Commission on Police Officer Standards and Training (KS-CPOST) certification
Dates are set and no alternative dates will be offered
Selected candidate(s) must:
- Pass a physical agility test & written exam to be administered on Saturday, August 3, 2019, starting at 7:00 am until completed
- Pass an extensive background check
- Be interviewed by oral interview board to be conducted on Tuesday, August 13, 2019
- Be interviewed by the Chief of Police
Final candidate(s) must submit to:
- A psychological evaluation
- Physical/Health screening
- Drug & Alcohol screening
- Functional capacity test
7/1/2019 12:00:00 AM
7/26/2019 11:59:59 PM