To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Ottawa
Job Title: Electric Production Operator I
Salary: $17.43 Hourly
Electric Production Operator I
Position Summary: The City of Ottawa, Kansas is recruiting for an Electric Production Operator I. The Electric Production Operator I performs duties in the City's electric generation and purchasing of power. The employee in this position is responsible for maintaining continuous and stable operation of the generators in the plant while monitoring the City's connections with other electric utility systems and delivering the necessary electrical power to the City of Ottawa’s customers. The Electric Production Operator I will monitor equipment operations for possible malfunctions and take corrective action should a malfunction occur.
Education and Experience: (Combination of education, training, and experience will be considered)
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree or some college credit in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of one year of electric production operation and mechanical experience preferred.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Not all inclusive)
- Above average knowledge of electric production operations, safety procedures, equipment operation/maintenance, mathematics, and chemical usage.
- Ability to operate generators, cooling towers, pumps, and related equipment at their most efficient rate.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction materials, schematics, welding techniques, and electricity.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and office software used in recording and verifying data.
- Ability to read and understand system blueprints and equipment schematics.
- Knowledge of the safe and effective use of hand tools for equipment repair.
- Ability to operate various types of vehicles.
- Ability and willingness to work rotating and extended shifts is a must.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain successful working relationships with other employees, City officials, businesses, and the public.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under general supervision and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
How to Apply: Complete On-Line Application at www.HRePartners.com.
Range: Grade 9 - $17.43 to $24.41
Date Opened: July 5, 2019
Date Closed: August 4, 2019
Hours: Rotating shifts.
E-Mail Confirmation: After your application has been received by the City of Ottawa, you will receive confirmation by e-mail. Please check your SPAM filter or JUNK Mail. If you have not received confirmation within 48 hours of submitting your application, please call 785-229-3634 to verify your application has been received. For additional information, contact Human Resources at 785-229-3634 or e-mail email@example.com.
The City of Ottawa conducts background checks and drug screening on all potential candidates.
Anyone with a disability who needs a reasonable accommodation related to a selection process is requested to contact the Human Resources Department at 785-229-3634 at least two days prior to a scheduled test or interview.
The City of Ottawa is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
7/5/2019 12:00:00 AM
8/4/2019 11:59:59 PM