To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Ottawa
Job Title: Seasonal Worker - Cemetery
Salary: $10.00 Hourly
Seasonal Worker- Cemetery
Under the supervision and at the direction of the Superintendent, the Seasonal Worker performs manual labor tasks in maintenance and operation of parks, cemeteries, streets, or warehouse, and assists in other maintenance tasks performed by the Public Works or Utility Departments.
Education and Experience: (Combination of education, training, and experience will be considered)
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid Kansas driver’s license is required. Must be insurable by the City’s insurance carrier.
- Some knowledge of grounds maintenance preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (not all inclusive)
- The ability to receive, understand, and comply with written and oral instructions is required.
- The ability to effectively use verbal communication to communicate with general public, supervisors, peers, and subordinates to resolve problems is required.
- The ability to work courteously and establish successful working relationships with entities, employees, City officials, businesses and the public, and use good professional judgment, honesty, and integrity in decision-making is required.
- Problem solving requirements include prioritization and completion of work assignments in a timely manner.
- Decision making including methods of equipment use and repair/maintenance and use of appropriate safety practices and equipment.
How to Apply: Complete On-Line Application at www.HRePartners.com.
Minimum Rate: $10.00/hour
Date Opened: July 8, 2019
Date Closed: Open until filled.
Hours: 8 hours/day, 7:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday - Friday. Position needed July – October.
E-Mail Confirmation: After your application has been received by the City of Ottawa, you will receive confirmation by e-mail. Please check your SPAM filter or JUNK Mail for an e-mail from HumanResources@ottawaks.gov. If you have not received information within 48 hours of submitting your application, please call 785-229-3634 to verify your application has been received. For additional information, contact Human Resources at 785-229-3634 or e-mail email@example.com.
The City of Ottawa conducts background checks and drug screening on all potential candidates.
Anyone with a disability who needs a reasonable accommodation related to a selection process is requested to contact the Human Resources Department at 785-229-3634 at least two days prior to the scheduled test or interview.
The City of Ottawa is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
7/8/2019 12:00:00 AM