To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Rose Hill
Division: Department of Public Works
Job Title: Public Works Maintenance Laborer 1
Salary: $14.50 Hourly
Under the supervision of the Public Works Parks and Streets Supervisor, the Maintenance Laborer I performs semi-skilled and skilled work in the Parks and Street Departments of Public Works. This manual labor position is responsible for the operation, maintenance and repair of the City’s parks, streets, right of ways and storm water infrastructure, as well as assisting the other departments within Public Works.
- Make Repairs to Parks and Streets infrastructure including but not limited to pothole patching, crack sealing and asphalt street repairs
- Perform snow removal from City Streets, sidewalks and parking lots
- Operate heavy equipment including but not limited to trucks, dump truck, loader, backhoe and skid steer
- Perform lawn maintenance to City facilities, right of ways and parks
- Operate a variety of power and hand tools in a safe and efficient manner
- Perform routine building maintenance to City facilities
- Maintain records of work through various software applications including but not limited to work order system, asset management systems and geographical information systems
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary
- Perform routine maintenance on City vehicles and equipment
- Assist other departments within Public Works
- One year of similar or related experience is preferred. Employee is expected to have acquired the necessary skills and information to perform the job within one year of employment
- A high school diploma or GED is required
- A valid Kansas Driver’s License is required, CDL is preferred.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions is required
- Ability to follow the City of Rose Hill’s safety policies and practices is required
- General knowledge of maintenance and construction principles is preferred
- Ability to operate heavy equipment is preferred
- While performing essential functions of this position employee will encounter outdoor adverse weather and working conditions including but not limited to temperature extremes, rain, snow, ice and confined space. The employee may regularly be exposed to but not limited to blood borne pathogens, hazardous chemicals, heavy machinery, and fumes. Hearing protection is occasionally required.
- Occasional maximum lift of 80 lbs. from floor to 62" high
- Occasional maximum lift of 40 lbs. floor to overhead
- Frequent maximum lift of 34 lbs. floor to shoulder
- Occasional maximum carry of 80 lbs.
- Occasional maximum carry 60 lbs.
- Frequent maximum carry of 40 lbs.
- Occasional maximum horizontal push/pull force of 150 lbs.
- Occasional maximum vertical pull force of 65 lbs. at 58" high
- Occasional maximum vertical pull force of 90 lbs. at ground height
- Frequent push/pull force of 30 lbs.
- Frequent maximum grip force 65 lbs.
- Constant maximum grip force 10 lbs.
- Frequent climb up to 24" high
- Frequent forward reach
- Occasional overhead reach
- Frequent bend and crouch
- Occasional crouch/kneel/crawl
- frequent balance
- Frequent neck rotation
- Frequent bilateral hand coordination;
- Frequent exposure to whole body vibration
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking.
Pre Employment physical and drug testing is required
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, work history and work-related references to email@example.com
7/8/2019 12:00:00 AM