To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Rose Hill
Division: Department of Public Works
Job Title: Utilities Operator 1
Salary: $15.50 Hourly
Under the supervision of theWater/Wastewater Supervisor, the Utilities Operator I is responsible for the operation, maintenance and repair of the City’s collection system, distribution system, and wastewater treatment facility. The position is a non-exempt position under FLSA
- Operates Wastewater Treatment Facility to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Monitors and maintains Public Works, Water, and Wastewater equipment.
- Takes water, wastewater, and sludge samples for laboratory testing.
- Maintains lift stations.
- Loads and hauls sludge and collects samples for laboratory testing.
- Cleans and repairs pumps and other wastewater facility equipment.
- Responds to various alarms.
- Inspects Water and Wastewater equipment for malfunctions.
- Cleans and performs preventative maintenance for water and wastewater facilities.
- Operates department equipment including mowers, loaders, tractors and trucks.
- Installs and repairs water and sewer lines and services.
- Reads water meters and performs maintenance on meters and vaults.
- Helps in the maintenance and upkeep of all City buildings and property, including lawn maintenance, water and sewer maintenance and street maintenance as deemed necessary or assigned.
- Follows safety policies and procedures.
- Must maintain absolute confidentiality of information, data and records obtained through or because of employment with the City.
- Locates manholes and sewer lines.
- Assists in the repair of water leaks and installation of new lines.
- Assist other departments within Public Works.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary or assigned.
- At least two years of water or wastewater treatment operation experience or related field is required. Employee is expected to have acquired the necessary information and skills to perform the job reasonable well within six months of employment.
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- Class II Water and Class II Wastewater Certificates are preferred.
- A valid Kansas Driver’s License is required, CDL is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of operating and maintaining wastewater treatment equipment, computers, equipment maintenance and a working knowledge of mathematics is required.
- Must understand and anticipate problems, follow department policies, and interpret written instruction and manuals.
- Should a strong mechanical aptitude and effective public relation, oral and written communication skills.
- While performing essential functions of this position employee will encounter outdoor adverse weather and working conditions including but not limited to temperature extremes, rain, snow, ice and confined space. The employee may regularly be exposed to but not limited to blood borne pathogens, hazardous chemicals, heavy machinery, and fumes. Hearing protection is occasionally required.
- Occasional maximum lift of 80 lbs. from floor to 62" high
- Occasional maximum lift of 40 lbs. floor to overhead
- Frequent maximum lift of 34 lbs. floor to shoulder
- Occasional maximum carry of 80 lbs.
- Occasional maximum carry 60 lbs.
- Frequent maximum carry of 40 lbs.
- Occasional maximum horizontal push/pull force of 150 lbs.
- Occasional maximum vertical pull force of 65 lbs. at 58" high
- Occasional maximum vertical pull force of 90 lbs. at ground height
- Frequent push/pull force of 30 lbs.
- Frequent maximum grip force 65 lbs.
- Constant maximum grip force 10 lbs.
- Frequent climb up to 24" high
- Frequent forward reach
- Occasional overhead reach
- Frequent bend and crouch
- Occasional crouch/kneel/crawl
- frequent balance
- Frequent neck rotation
- Frequent bilateral hand coordination;
- Frequent exposure to whole body vibration
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking.
- Occasional independent problem solving is a factor.
- Encounters problems with equipment malfunctions, sewer line backups, water leaks and power failures.
- Works under the direction of the Water/Sewer Supervisor
Pre Employment physical and drug testing is required
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, work history and work-related references to email@example.com
7/8/2019 12:00:00 AM