To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: Student Services
Job Title: Coordinator, Student Services
Salary: $18.00 Hourly
At the WSU Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology (WSU Tech) we are DRIVEN by our mission of creating opportunities for a better life to our students and providing the best trained workforce for area employers.
You are to deliver ENTHUSIASTIC, POSITIVE, and EXCEPTIONAL service, regardless of the job, working for our students, other employees, and community partners/employers. Show GRIT and GRACE and strive to give it your all 100% of the time, because you are to be of service. You will serve our students and your co-workers who deserve your best.
The Student Services Coordinator is responsible for managing key operational activities of WSU Tech’s Student Services Division. This position requires the ability to work independently with little or no supervision and to use discretion and good judgment on a daily basis. This person must be exceedingly well organized and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting the Student Services team, colleagues across campus, and WSU Tech students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides high level administrative support to the Vice President of Student Services and the division Directors.
- Provides administrative support to the Director of Financial Aid in tracking, processing, communication and reporting of institutional scholarships.
- Support Registrar’s office in transfer evaluations, including military credit, credit for prior learning, and ensuring integrity and efficiency of the evaluation process.
- Maintains the college’s articulation agreements with secondary and post-secondary partners.
- Maintains budget and tracking expenditures for division purchases.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for all members of the division.
- Works independently and within a team on regular assignment, special assignment and ongoing projects.
- Handles confidential and non-routine information.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- BS/ BA in business administration or relevant field, preferred
- Minimum five years related experience, required.
- Knowledge of budgeting, bookkeeping and reporting
- Knowledge of program management and development procedures
- Tech savvy, advanced user skills are required with MS Word, MS Outlook, and MS Excel.
- A demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a professional working relationship with a wide variety of individuals with diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively, prioritize work flow, work well with minimum supervision, and accept responsibility for total task completion.
- Effective time management skills, to include the ability to manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines in a timely manner, and the ability to prudently prioritize tasks, projects and goals.
Other Position Requirements:
- Works effectively and productively as a team member. Keeps others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintains effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Uses diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintains acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensures appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produces quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identifies what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Completes assigned work; meets deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Performs work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Focuses on the Shocker PROUD Competencies: Professional, Responsive, Open, Understanding and Dependable
- Participates in at least 20 hours of professional development activities to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services, some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student needs, deadlines and delivery of services, including evening and weekend work when necessary. Long periods of sitting or standing will be required. Independent travel to by car and public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses when needed. If driving a personal vehicle for college business, a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance is required.
All of the above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by the position. Duties and assignments may be modified as needed.
7/8/2019 12:00:00 AM