Employer: City of Oxford
Job Title: CITY TREASURER
Under the supervision of the City Clerk, the primary duties of the City Treasurer are clerical and accounting duties in maintaining the City’s utility billings. The employee in this position is responsible for assisting the Utility Billing Clerk with keeping utility account information up-to-date, utility billing, collecting and account reporting, preparing daily deposits, and balancing cash receipts. The City Treasurer takes and relays messages to other employees and departments. The employee in this position will assume the duties of the City Clerk in his/her absence.
The City Treasurer must, before entering upon the duties of the office, execute to the City such bond as the Governing Body may require. The City is required to pay the cost of such bond.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
* Assists Utility Billing Clerk with preparation of and sends utility bills;
* Accepts utility bill payments;
* Assists Utility Billing Clerk with maintaining customer account listings and shut-off listings;
* Assists Utility Billing Clerk with computations for late charges;
* Takes applications and hook-up fees for water and electric service;
* Assists Utility Billing Clerk with entering dates into the computer;
* Answers the telephone and takes and relays messages;
* Takes citizen calls;
* Assists the public with filing forms and inquiries;
* Makes bank deposits;
* Issues licenses and permits;
* Types, copies and files correspondence and reports;
* Assists citizens with voter registration;
* Notary Public;
* Prepares monthly & quarterly Treasurer Reports;
* Publishes Treasurers Reports, as required by law;
* Balances monthly bank statements;
* Solicits bids on investments of idle funds;
* Maintains records of investments of the idle funds;
* Assists Utility Billing Clerk with filing delinquent, inactive utility accounts with State of Kansas setoff program.
* Other related duties as deemed necessary or as required by the City Clerk and/or Mayor.
Experience: One to three years of accounting and/or office experience is required. Employee is expected to have acquired the necessary information and skill to perform the job reasonably well after six months in the position.
Education: High school diploma or GED required.
Skills: Mathematical aptitude and knowledge of entry level accounting procedures. Knowledge of computer entry. Good communication and interpersonal skills required. The ability to operate a calculator, computer, typewriter, and other related office equipment.
Problem Solving: Problem solving is a factor in the position when dealing with citizen concerns and complaints.
Decision Making: Duties follow prescribed policies and procedures.
Accountability: Employee is responsible for utility fees collected. Employee is responsible for Treasurers Reports prepared monthly for members of the Governing Body and for publication as required by law.
Supervision: Occasional supervision by the City Clerk. Job related decisions are seldom reviewed. Employee will have the supervisory responsibilities over subordinate personnel if such position exists.
Personal Relation: Continual contact with other departments and the general public.
Working Conditions: No adverse working conditions exist in this position. Treasurer may be required to work weekends and/or holidays, or be subject to callouts, if an emergency situation has been declared by the Mayor of the City.
All applicants wil be subject to background check
Pay is commensurate on experience.
This posiiton wil remain open until filled.
The City of Oxford is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
7/10/2019 12:00:00 AM