To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Chanute
Division: VEHICLE SERVICES / CENTRAL GARAGE
Job Title: MECHANIC HELPER
Salary: $17.59 Hourly
The City of Chanute is now accepting applications for the position of Mechanic Helper in the Central Garage Department. Starting salary of $17.59/hour with a 6 month and 1-year step increase. Excellent employee benefit package including KPERS retirement plan, health insurance, vacation and sick leave. Must have at least 2 years’ experience as a Lube Technician or General Service Technician & possess basic set of professional grade tools with storage box. Responsibilities include but are not limited to assisting with general mechanical repairs/maintenance, washing City vehicles, servicing of vehicles & equipment, picking up parts. Must have a high school diploma or GED and possess a valid Kansas Class B CDL driver’s license. Deadline for Applications: July 26, 2019. EOE/M/F/D/V.
Assists in performing service and repairs on equipment and vehicles. Works under the supervision of the Chief Mechanic.
- Washes and cleans city vehicles.
- Assists in performing service of vehicles and equipment.
- Performs repairs on equipment and vehicles.
- Picks up parts from local suppliers for city shop.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to understand maintenance manuals and follow instructions.
- Some mechanical ability.
- Ability to drive a vehicle with manual shift transmission.
- Good physical condition.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Possess a valid Kansas Class B CDL driver’s license.
- Possess basic set of professional grade tools, with box to keep them in.
- At least two years’ experience as a Lube Technician or General Service Technician.
7/11/2019 12:00:00 AM
7/26/2019 11:59:59 PM