To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Emporia State University
Division: Police and Safety
Job Title: University Police Officer
Salary: $16.56 Hourly
Emporia State University currently has a University Police Officer vacancy with our Police and Safety department located in Emporia, KS.
If you . . .
- Are recognized for your effective listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain control of your own emotions and demonstrate restraint when provoked or exposed to stressful conditions
- Are known for your ability to maintain positive relationships with a wide variety of people, particularly in difficult situations
- Believe in your own abilities and judgment while recognizing your personal limitations and development needs
- Analyze situations and events in a logical way and organize the parts of a problem in a systematic way
. . . then find your career at Emporia State University.
As a University Police Officer you will:
- Patrol assigned areas and respond with action appropriate to given situations
- Complete written reports as required
- Pursue, apprehend and/or arrest violators of the law, exercising care to ensure legal and constitutional soundness
- Respond to emergency situations
- Establish and maintain professional contacts with University employees, residents and others.
The University Police Officer:
- Is based in Emporia, KS
- Earns $16.56 per hour; $14.99 per hour if applying as a trainee (see qualifications below)
- Is eligible for a competitive benefits package
- Certification as a law enforcement officer from the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Commission
- 1 year of experience in law enforcement
- Relevant education or military experience may be considered in place of the required experience
- High school diploma
- Valid driver’s license
*Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications may apply for consideration as a Trainee if they meet the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Upon hire, successfully complete:
- Law enforcement training and obtain certification
- ESUPD Field Training Program
- One year probationary period
Necessary Special Requirements
Must be a United States citizen and at least 21 years of age. Must complete a basic law enforcement training program recognized by the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Commission and obtain certification as a law enforcement officer from the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Commission before being given permanent status. At time of appointment, candidate must take and pass a drug screening test approved by the Division of Personnel Services. This class requires the use of a firearm for law enforcement duties and therefore, candidates cannot have been convicted of, and must be free of any diversions from, a felony or misdemeanor domestic violence crime as set forth in 18 U.S.C. § 922 (d) (9) and (g) (9).
How To Apply:
Join the Hornet team as an University Police Officer:
Background check required. For more information about the application process, click here. We regretfully inform you that applications missing any of the above items or deadlines may be regarded as incomplete and therefore ineligible for consideration.
Emporia State University values and welcomes the benefits of diversity, and pledges to current and prospective students, faculty, staff, administrators, and the public that we expect and demand the worth and dignity of all people be recognized without regard to any classification that might preclude a person from consideration as an individual. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Emporia State University considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.
Candidates will be expected to be able to competently perform the routine tasks of the position with limited supervision by the end of the probation period, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact the agency recruiter if reasonable accommodations are needed for any part of the application or hiring process.
Recruitment Contact Information
Post: Human Resources, Emporia State University
1 Kellogg Circle, Campus Box 4044
Emporia, KS 66801
7/11/2019 12:00:00 AM
7/28/2019 11:59:59 PM