To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Ellis County
Division: Road & Bridge
Job Title: Mechanic
Salary: $18.54 Hourly
Underthe supervision of the Shop Foreman, the Mechanic performs semi-skilled and skilled mechanical work on equipment and vehicles assigned to the Ellis County Public Works Department. The employee in this position is responsible for performing the required maintenance and repair of vehicles and equipment for the Public Works Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Performs repairs on trucks, tractors, and all related construction equipment and vehicles;
• Checks and services related equipment on a regular basis;
• Diagnoses mechanical problems on various types of equipment;
• Disassembles defective equipment and replaces defective parts;
• Cleans the shop area and stores tools;
• Orders parts for purchase as needed;
• Repairs engines, transmissions, drive lines, and brakes on vehicles;
• Operates all equipment and vehicles and needed;
• Performs field repairs on work location when needed;
• Changes oil and filters;
• Repairs and replaces tires;
• Welds parts, equipment, and machinery when required; and
• Other related duties as deemed necessary or as required.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
High School Diploma or GED and two years of mechanic experience. A Class B commercial driver’s license with tanker endorsement is required.
Ellis County Public Works is accepting applications for the full time position of Mechanic in the Road & Bridge division. This employee performs semi-skilled and skilled mechanical work on equipment and vehicles assigned to the Ellis County Public Works Department. High School diploma or GED and two years of mechanic experience is required. A class B commercial driver's license with tanker endorsement is required. Successful applicant will be required to participate in the FHWA (CDL) drug-testing program. Applicants, as well as a list of job duties and requirements can be obtained from the Ellis County Public Works Dept., 1195 280th Ave, PO Box 691, Hays, Ks 67601 until the position is filled. Ellis County reserves the right to accept or reject any or all applications. Ellis County is and Equal Opportunity Employer.
7/25/2019 12:00:00 AM