To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Ellis County
Division: Road & Bridge
Job Title: Heavy Equipment Operator
Salary: $15.59 Hourly
Under the general supervision of the Road Foreman the Heavy Equipment Operator performs skilled work in operating different types of construction and maintenance equipment. The employee in this position operates a variety of heavy equipment requiring a great degree of skill in performing a variety of job assignments. This employee performs tasks related to road and bridge maintenance and construction and landfill maintenance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Operates heavy equipment such as a motor grader, roller, blacktop machine, chip spreader, compactor, and other heavy equipment;
• Breaks up asphalt on roads needing repair or replacement;
• Cuts, lays, and covers pipe;
• Digs, compacts, and covers trenches for disposal of refuse;
• Performs finished grading operations;
• Spreads gravel, sand, rock, and asphalt;
• Patches road and bridge surfaces;
• Performs bridge maintenance work such as mowing road ditches, installing and maintaining culverts, and filling washouts;
• Rebuilds roads and bridges;
• Sets up and picks up construction cones and signs;
• Performs light maintenance and servicing of work in connection with the operations of related equipment;
• Hauls rock, asphalt, and sand; and
• Other related duties as deemed necessary or as required.
High school diploma or GED and one year of road and bridge maintenance and heavy equipment operator experience required. A class B commercial drivers license with tanker endorsement is required. Successful applicant will be required to participate in the FHWA (CDL) drug-testing program.
Applications, as well as a list of job duties and requirements can be obtained from the Ellis County Public Works Dept. 1195 280th Ave. Hays, Ks 67601 or by calling 785-628-9455.
Ellis County reserves the right to accept or reject any or all applications.
Ellis County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
7/25/2019 12:00:00 AM