To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Assistant Softball Coach
Analyzes performance and instructs student athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition; observes players while they perform to determine need for individual or team improvement; and coaches players individually or in groups, demonstrating techniques of sport coached.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Serves as assistant to head coach analyzes performance and instructs student athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition.
- Observes players while they perform to determine need for individual or team improvement.
- Coaches players individually or in groups, demonstrating techniques of sport coached.
- Coordinates recruiting efforts both on and off campus. Coordiantes practice schedule and travels with team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
1. To understand the rules and regulations of the NCAA.
2. To adhere to community life. National and State Athletic Association standards.
3. To demonstrate leadership on our campus through athletics.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience: Two years to five years of similar or related experience preferred. Experience competing at collegiate level preferred.
Education: A Bachelor's degree.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the college for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships or soliciting cooperation.
Other Skills: BS degree in physical education or related field preferred plus 4-5 years' experience with college-level program. Must have knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations. Three years recruiting experience preferred, as is experience in an academic discipline or higher education. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are necessary. Ability to maintain confidential information in professional manner required. Computer proficiency necessary (Microsoft Office preferred).
Physical Requirements: Work requires moderate physical exertion and long periods of standing, walking, riding in bus or vehicle, some recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching or similar activities. Job may require occasional lifting of heavy objects (occasionally 30-50 pounds). Job requires above average agility and dexterity.
Work Environment: Occasional exposure to objectionable conditions or variations such as those found in variable weather conditions.
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position.
- Personal resume
- Fill out online application at www.hrepartners.com
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates
- Up to three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the Director of Human Resources by the individual providing the reference
Contact: Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Director of Human Resources, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9574.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Coordinator of Accommodations, Coordinator of Disabilities, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
7/29/2019 12:00:00 AM