To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Automotive Adjunct Instructor
The Automotive Technology adjunct instructor works cooperatively with the lead Auto Instructor and with other college personnel in following stated policies and procedures. The adjunct instructor is responsible for facilitating, guiding, and evaluating student learning. The adjunct instructor is also responsible for submitting reports and documents to the Division Chair in a timely fashion and maintaining appropriate CANVAS material.
Essential roles and responsibilities:
- Teach assigned day and/or evening courses using lecture, lab, and hands-on demonstrations.
- Prepare essential learning objectives, lesson plans, and assignments.
- Complete course assessment requirements.
- Clearly communicate course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, and assignments and deadlines.
- Employ a variety of teaching styles in order to effectively deliver course content demonstrating both academic and real-world applications of concepts covered.
- Provide individual and small group facilitation of learning, diagnostic assessment of students, and identification of appropriate learning materials.
- Remain current in subject matter and in the techniques most effective to promote student learning.
- Demonstrate initiative and enthusiasm for recruiting, where appropriate.
- Perform other relevant tasks as assigned.
- Have already earned or be willing to earn ASE credentials in appropriate subject matter.
- At least one year experience working in automotive industry
- 3-5 years experience working in automotive repair
- Associate’s degree
- ASE Master Technician credential
- $500 per credit hour
- Full-time options may be available
Apply as soon as possible. Position will remain open until filled. To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position.
- Complete online application at www.hrepartners.com
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial college transcripts and/or appropriate certificates
Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620)-276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees, or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Human Resources, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9574.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students, and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Coordinator of Accommodations, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
7/29/2019 12:00:00 AM