To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: AA/Academic Services
Job Title: Tutor - Part Time, Academic Services
Salary: $15.00 Hourly
Pay is subect to attained college degree of applicant hired for this position: if applicant has Bachelor's Degree in program area, pay is $15 per hour, if no Bachelor's degree (or higher level degree) pay is $11 per hour.
At the WSU Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology (WSU Tech) we are DRIVEN by our mission of creating opportunities for a better life to our students and providing the best trained workforce for area employers.
You are to deliver ENTHUSIASTIC, POSITIVE, and EXCEPTIONAL service, regardless of the job, working for our students, other employees, and community partners/employers.
Show GRIT and GRACE and strive to give it your all 100% of the time, because you are to be of service. You will serve our students and your co-workers who deserve your best.
The Tutor provides academic support to students through content and skills tutoring and individualized mentoring services. This position requires flexibility to work varying hours and mobility to move between campuses for daily assignments each week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides tutoring assistance to all students to improve their academic performance through collaborative learning and skills resources in one of the college’s core subject areas.
2. Provides intrusive mentoring services tailored for the individual student through face-to face and virtual presentation.
3. Provides assistance in basic Microsoft applications, presentation creation software, Blackboard navigation and tools.
4. Maintains effective communication and work collaboratively with faculty and staff in all departments of the College to improve opportunities for student success.
5. Maintains documentation of tutoring and mentoring services provided to all students.
6. Works in other areas within OASIS as needed to provide excellent customer service to students utilizing OASIS.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Bachelor’s degree in a subject area present at the college, required. Exception may be made for applicant actively enrolled in a degree program working on obtaining degree in subject area present at college. For Career & Technical Education (CTE) programs, established work experience in industry will be considered in lieu of degree.
· Employee will be required to meet, within 1 year or employment, and maintain the OASIS tutor certification guidelines.
- Teaching and/or tutoring experience with post-secondary students and/or adult learners, preferred.
· Willingness to continually work on expanding personal skill set(s) to adapt to the changing needs of the division and student, required.
· Proficient use and knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel are required. Knowledge of SharePoint and Blackboard, preferred.
- Professional-level communication skills: including excellent written and oral communication, excellent interpersonal, and the ability to communicate effectively with others to arrive at solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Flexibility to work at all WATC campuses, required.
8/1/2019 12:00:00 AM
12/1/2019 11:59:59 PM