To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Ottawa
Division: Public Works
Job Title: Stormwater Management Coordinator/GIS Technician
Salary: $23.99 Hourly
Stormwater Management Coordinator/GIS Technician
Position Summary: The City of Ottawa, Kansas is recruiting for a Stormwater Management Coordinator/GIS Technician. The Stormwater Management Coordinator/GIS Technician is responsible for providing inspection, technical assistance and municipal code enforcement. The duties include development, administration and enforcement of the City Stormwater Management Program/Plan, including the education of the public, discharge investigation, compliance tracking and reporting. Other responsibilities include updating and maintaining the city’s GIS mapping software and obtaining GIS points using associated equipment.
Education and Experience: (Combination of education, training, and experience will be considered)
- High school diploma or GED required; Associate’s degree in Natural Resource Management, Environmental Science, Engineering Technician, GIS, Geography or related field is preferred.
- Prior related experience in inspection, construction or design preferred. Prior experience with sediment control, pollution prevention or watershed management strongly preferred.
- Prior GIS experience strongly preferred.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Kansas driver’s license.
- Must be insurable by the City’s insurance carrier.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (not all inclusive)
- Knowledge of sediment and erosion processes.
- Knowledge of how the discharge of pollutants may affect the environment.
- Knowledge of the materials, methods, procedures, and standard practices of construction.
- Knowledge of storm drainage and roadway maintenance and operations.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and City regulations.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to deal with difficult citizens in a calm and patient manner.
- Ability to understand and implement current laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret plans, specifications, written instructions, memos and reports.
- Ability to operate a computer, GIS mapping programs, multi-meter, and other related equipment and software.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work courteously and establish successful working relationships with entities, employees, City officials, businesses and the public.
- Ability to use good professional judgment, honesty, and integrity in decision-making.
- Ability to think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
How to Apply: Complete On-Line Application at www.HRePartners.com.
Range: Grade 12 - $23.99 to $34.78
Date Opened: July 31, 2019
Date Closed: September 1, 2019
Hours: 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Some overtime may be required.
E-Mail Confirmation: After your application has been received by the City of Ottawa, you will receive confirmation by e-mail. Please check your SPAM filter or JUNK Mail. If you have not received information within 48 hours of submitting your application, please call 785-229-3634 to verify your application has been received. For additional information, contact Human Resources at 785-229-3634 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Ottawa conducts background checks and drug screening on all potential candidates.
Anyone with a disability who needs a reasonable accommodation related to a selection process is requested to contact the Human Resources Department at 785-229-3634 at least two days prior to a scheduled test or interview.
The City of Ottawa is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
7/31/2019 12:00:00 AM
9/1/2019 11:59:59 PM