To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: Student Services
Job Title: Student Success Coach
Salary: $18.50 Hourly
At the WSU Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology (WSU Tech) we are DRIVEN by our mission of creating opportunities for a better life to our students and providing the best trained workforce for area employers.
You are to deliver ENTHUSIASTIC, POSITIVE, and EXCEPTIONAL service, regardless of the job, working for our students, other employees, and community partners/employers.
Show GRIT and GRACE and strive to give it your all 100% of the time, because you are to be of service. You will serve our students and your co-workers who deserve your best.
The Student Success Coach works under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Academic Advising to improve the retention and progression of students at WSU Tech. The individual should demonstrate a commitment to educational improvement through ongoing attention to retention, persistence, and completion rates in degree and certificate programs at WSU Tech.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Utilizes Recruit, Advise, Banner, and other enrollment management technology to support recruitment, advising and retention of students.
2. Assists in the development of defined goals for student retention, persistence, and completion that are ambitious but attainable and appropriate to the mission, student populations, and educational offerings.
3. Assists in the collection and analysis of information on student retention, persistence, and completion in WSU Tech programs and offerings.
4. Participates and serves on assigned committees to champion student retention, persistence and completion initiatives.
5. Assists in the identification of program and course specific retention and persistence opportunities for improvement.
6. Works with Faculty, Staff administration and students to implement retention initiatives and track progress toward goals.
7. Maintains a library of community and college resources available to WSU Tech students in need.
8. Assists with the enrollment and advising of students as needed to complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
9. At all times, engages in and promotes legal compliance, policy compliance, and safety in the WSU Tech workplace.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Familiarity with Banner, Recruit, and Naviagate preferred.
- Professional-level communication skills, including excellent written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate effectively with others in arriving at solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced and ever changing environment.
- Flexibility to work at different campuses based on students’ needs.
8/1/2019 12:00:00 AM