To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Derby
Job Title: Part-time Marketing Specialist
Salary: $13.00 Hourly
100% Assist Communications Office
- Develop marketing materials for Derby’s special event facilities.
- Manage social media accounts for the parks and event facilities.
- Update brochures and manage documents.
- Assist with special event planning and management.
- Assist with graphic design, photography and videography for city projects and departments.
Continually looks for new and improved ways of completing the above functions. Other tasks as will be assigned as needed.
Latitude: Most duties are assigned and then employee arranges tasks in order to complete duties. Most problem solving is accomplished in conjunction with supervisor.
Interaction: Frequent face-to-face interaction with city employees and the general public.
- Experience in marketing and communications.
- Social media management experience.
- Photography and graphic design experience.
- Ability to work 20 hours a week.
- At least a junior standing in college.
- Valid Kansas driver’s license, and driving record must meet commercial liability insurance requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong writing skills (marketing materials, social media).
- Ability to produce accurate work products and meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Team player who is willing to help wherever needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud software (InDesign, Photoshop), required.
Adobe Premiere experience, preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions: Office environment. Occasional carrying, lifting, moving, or pushing of 30 pounds. Occasional bending, squatting, and twisting. Frequent use of manual dexterity and visualization of a computer screen throughout the day.
8/6/2019 12:00:00 AM
8/20/2019 11:59:59 PM