To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Merriam
Division: Parks & Recreation
Job Title: Facilities Maintenance Worker
Salary: $13.48 Hourly
The City of Merriam Parks & Recreation Department is seeking a fulltime Facilities Maintenance Worker I. The qualified applicant will be responsible for performing a variety of routine tasks in the custodial care, repair work, and maintenance of the City facilities. Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Changing light bulbs and fluorescent tubes; sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, dusting, shampooing, steam cleaning, stripping, waxing, polishing and buffing floors, carpets and furniture; collecting garbage and relining cans with liners; cleaning and sanitizing restrooms and replenishing supplies; cleaning drinking fountains, mirrors, tables, walls, fixtures, blinds and light fixtures; washing windows, walls, metal and woodwork, cleaning rain gutters, sweeping roofs and sidewalks; removing snow from sidewalks and steps, picking up litter, leaf removal from around the buildings and grounds, operating small equipment such as leaf blowers and power washers. Shift is from 2:00 pm – 10:30 pm, Tuesday – Saturday. Will perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent;
- Current certification in CPR/AED and First Aid or ability to obtain;
- Working knowledge of equipment, materials and supplies used in custodial maintenance as well as building and grounds maintenance; working knowledge of equipment and supplies used to do minor repairs; some knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions;
- Ability to work independently and to complete daily activities according to work schedule; ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time; ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing;
- Ability to establish effective working relationships.
Qualified applicants may apply online at www.merriam.org under the “Jobs” link located at the bottom of the webpage. Please enter all prior work history when applying. Resumes and cover letters can also be uploaded when completing an online application. EOE/ADA/Drug Screen.
If reasonable accommodation is necessary to apply, or to request a full job description, contact Sari Maple, Human Resources, email@example.com, Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. No phone calls please.
A complete job description is available upon request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
8/7/2019 12:00:00 AM
8/30/2019 11:59:59 PM