To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Ellis County
Job Title: Truck Driver
Salary: $13.85 Hourly
Ellis County Public Work is accepting applications for the full time position of Truck Driver in the Road and Bridge division. This employee hauls material to the job site for the repair and construction of roads within Ellis County. The truck driver also performs routine manual work in the operation of light and heavy equipment for loading and transporting materials.
Under the supervision of the Road Foreman, the Truck Driver hauls material to the job site
for repair and construction of roads within Ellis County. In addition to safely and efficiently
operating vehicles, the Truck Driver performs routine manual work in the operation of light
and heavy equipment for loading and transporting materials.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Operates equipment such as a tandem truck or loader in the transportation of materials;
• Performs routine vehicle maintenance;
• Operates tractors, mowers, and other related vehicles;
• Mows grass, hauls soil, sand, road, gravel, and asphalt;
• Loads materials and performs work-related manual tasks as required;
• Spreads granular surfacing on county roads and bridges; and
• Other related duties as deemed necessary or as required.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
High School Diploma or GED and one year of truck driving experience are required. A Class
B commercial driver’s license with tanker endorsement is required.
High school diploma or GED and one year truck driving experience are required. A class B commercial drivers license with tanker endorsement is required. Successful applicant will be required to participate in the FHWA (CDL) drug-testing program.
Applications, as well as a list of job duties and requirements can be obtained from the Ellis County Public Works Dept. 1195 280th Ave. Hays, Ks 67601 or by calling 785-628-9455.
Ellis County reserves the right to accept or reject any or all applications.
Ellis County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
8/8/2019 12:00:00 AM