To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Kechi
Job Title: City Inspector II
Salary: $18.68 Hourly
City Inspector II
Employer: City of Kechi KS
Division: Public Works
Salary: $18.68 - $19.62 Starting; DOQ
Hours: 40 hours per week; generally, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., M-F, or as assigned
The purpose of this position is to proactively enforce the city code, property maintenance code and the stormwater ordinance. The City Inspector II shall investigate complaints of code violations made by members of the public or as assigned by his/her supervisor. The City Inspector II shall make regular field inspections, as required by policies, ordinances or supervisor directive. The City Inspector II responds, communicates and documents property code enforcement issues to help attract and retain residents and businesses.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent plus experience in customer service and/or other related experience. Associate degree or higher; not required but preferred.
Demonstrated experience in customer service and leadership. A minimum of 18 months previous code enforcement experience or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (not all inclusive; some in-house training provided):
- Ensure compliance with pertinent Federal, State and local codes, laws and regulations and complies with all City and departmental policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of the Kechi City Code, and
- Working knowledge of the 2006 International Property Maintenance Code, and
- Working knowledge of the Kechi Stormwater Ordinance:
- Manage City’s compliance with MS4 NPDES permit,
- Maintain MS4 Six Minimum Control Measures.
- Develop and submit draft policies, subject to approval
- Develop and submit drafts of public education pieces for various media, subject to approval
- Ability to apply working knowledge of referenced codes to achieve compliance with listed codes and regulations
- Ability to utilize standard office software as well as specialized software at a basic skill level. Able to use MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to conduct cordial discussions with difficult people in a calm, professional manner
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate and concise records and reports
- Ability to work the allocated hours of the position.
Physical Requirements and Activities:
- Work requires light physical work, lifting up to 25 pounds and lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds.
- Work requires standing, lifting, stacking, walking, pushing and pulling, fingering and grasping.
- Able to communicate by talking, hearing/listening.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is subject to year-round, indoor and outdoor environmental conditions including dust, hot and cold temperatures, all types of weather conditions, uneven walking surfaces and exposure to hazards.
- The employee will prepare documents and reports in an office setting.
- The employee will occasionally teach public training sessions regarding City code and stormwater compliance in a variety of locations, indoors and outdoors.
8/9/2019 12:00:00 AM