To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sumner County
Job Title: Custodian I
Salary: $0 Hourly
Sumner County Maintenance Department
Pay level 1 – Non-exempt $7.45-$12.23
Split Shift Required
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Director and/or Assistant Director, the Custodian I position involves the performance of varied duties in the general maintenance and housekeeping of designated County buildings and grounds. The responsibilities of this position include basic maintenance and housekeeping duties relating to the cleaning, maintenance and care of buildings, fixtures and outside grounds. Work is subject to review by the Maintenance Director and/or Assistant Director and the Building Superintendent, if applicable.
- Maintains and cleans floor surfaces;
- Maintains, cleans and polishes interior and furniture surfaces;
- Collects and removes trash from designated areas of buildings;
- Performs and maintains outside grounds care;
- Paints interior and/or exterior surfaces when directed;
- Cleans and maintains supplies in the public restrooms;
- Assists in minor carpentry projects;
- Assists in performing the general maintenance and improvements of the electrical and plumbing systems in designated County buildings;
- Assists in maintaining the physical plant operations including the heating and cooling systems of designated County buildings;
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary or assigned;
- Assists other Departments as the need arises;
- May cross-train in suitable positions in other county departments.
Experience: No experience required. Employee is expected to have acquired the necessary information and skills the duties after six months in the position.
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent. Valid Kansas Drivers License required.
Technical Skills: Working knowledge of the methods, practices and tools used in general maintenance, housekeeping and grounds maintenance. Ability to operate a variety of power and hand tools safely and efficiently. Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both orally and in writing.
Problem Solving: Limited problem solving exists in relation to the daily performance of departmental functions and/or assigned tasks..
Decision-Making: Limited decision making responsibilities. Most tasks assigned are in accordance with basic maintenance, housekeeping or grounds care duties.
Supervision: Work performance reviewed by the Maintenance Director and/or Assistant Director. Building Superintendent may also review work performance, if applicable.
Financial Accountability: Employee is accountable for the proper collecting and reporting of any valuables or lost property encountered in the performance of duties.
Personal Relations: Extensive contact with county departments and frequent contact with the general public.
Working Conditions: Some hazardous working conditions may exist in this position relating to the operation of equipment and in the variety of maintenance and repair tasks performed. Adverse weather conditions when performing outside maintenance and grounds care is a factor in this position. General work hours will include a split shift arrangement.
Physical Requirements: To perform the duties of this job, the employee must have fine and gross manual dexterity. Ability to lift up to one hundred (100) pounds occasionally and up to fifty (50) pounds frequently. Ability to walk, bend, stoop, kneel and climb ladders and/or stairs.
8/13/2019 12:00:00 AM
8/27/2019 11:59:59 PM