To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Nursing Student Success Coordinator
To provide appropriate study skill support to students beyond the classroom setting and to provide tools for nursing student success.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Conduct campus tours, in conjunction with Admissions office, for potential Nursing students
- Work with college webmaster to regularly update and maintain Nursing program web page
- Collaborate with Marketing Dept. to regularly update marketing brochures, flyers, and other materials for recruitment of new Nursing students
- Assist students with completing and submitting the appropriate financial aid paperwork necessary for enrollment, including 150% appeals.
- Regularly attend recruitment events at local high schools, civic events, career fairs, and other appropriate locations.
Nursing Student Success
- Coordinate workshops and information sessions for students on topics of test-taking strategies, study skills, time management, and other related topics important for success in coursework.
- Assist students with the development and scheduling of study groups outside class time.
- Serve as liaison between Nursing students and Director of Nursing Education on matters related to students who need assistance with personal issues and academic issues.
- Keep informed of current educational trends related to Nursing student success.
- Maintain individual student as well as class results from ATI testing on specific content and predictor exams.
- Collect data with Mountain Measurement reports from NCSBN to help facilitate updates needed with curriculum.
- Assist with annual reporting for Practical Nursing / Registered Nursing / Allied Health programs here at GCCC.
- Keep accurate student advising records and maintain up-to-date files of all data.
- Attend all departmental meetings appropriate to assigned position
- To provide excellent customer service by responding to inquiries in a timely fashion.
- To maintain a friendly and professional work environment at all times.
- To stay aware of latest industry standards regarding Nursing and Allied Health.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: A minimum of one to three years of similar or related experience.
Education: A High school diploma or GED required. Associate’s degree preferred.
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or can be of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others.
Other Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office. Strong organizational skills. Ability to collaborate with faculty and staff.
Physical Requirements: The work is mostly sedentary. Some light walking, standing, bending, carrying light items. Some lifting of up to 30 pounds.
Work Environment: Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position.
- Personal resume
- Fill out online application at www.hrepartners.com
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates
- Up to three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the Director of Human Resources by the individual providing the reference
Contact: Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Director of Human Resources, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9574.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Coordinator of Accommodations, Coordinator of Disabilities, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
8/16/2019 12:00:00 AM