To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Clearwater
Job Title: Maintenance Worker
Salary: $11.00 Hourly
This position performs a variety of semi-skilled and unskilled work, and operates a variety of equipment in the construction, operation, repair and maintenance of the City’s streets, parks, buildings and storm drainage facilities.
- Maintains vehicles and equipment through inspections and preventative maintenance.
- Performs daily service of mowing equipment, weed eaters and edger’s.
- Sharpens and changes mower blades as needed to promote quantity and quality work.
- Mows, weed eats and edges parks and other recreation areas.
- Mows City right-of-way.
- Assists Public Works department in other areas of responsibility the department is assigned.
- Grounds maintenance including but not limited to city parks, Chisholm Ridge ponds, right of ways, easements and other city property.
- Cleans and maintains department facilities.
- Removes brush from roadways and right of ways as needed, to include trimming trees.
- Operates a variety of power and hand tools.
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
· Some knowledge of construction, equipment or infrastructure preferred.
· Ability to learn additional equipment operations including dump trucks, utility trucks, oiler, loader, trencher, street sweeper, bobcat and other types of machinery required.
· Capable of limited problem solving encountered in various situations.
· Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Must be able to work with the public in an informative and positive approach.
· Capable of using hand tools, power tools and other equipment required for the job responsibilities.
· Must be able to follow Federal, State and Municipal safety policies and procedures.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Experience using construction tools and equipment preferred.
· Valid Kansas driver’s license.
· Pre-employment and random drug testing mandatory.
8/21/2019 12:00:00 AM
9/30/2019 11:59:59 PM