To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Pratt Community College
Job Title: Head Track/ Asst Cross Country Coach - Residential Supervisor
Head Track/Asst Cross Country Coach - Residential Supervisor
HEAD TRACK/ASST CROSS COUNTRY COACH (.67 FTE):
General Description and Purpose
The Head Track Coach/Assistant Cross Country Coach is delegated the responsibility for development, organization, supervision and management of the Track team and assisting the Cross Country team.
- Understand, support and enforce all policies, athletic as well as academic, as expressed by the Board of Trustees and administration of Pratt Community College. This will be done in letter, intent and spirit.
- Oversee the entire recruiting process of all track athletes and assist with recruitment of cross country student athletes.
- Develop daily practice schedules with player and coach participation clearly outlined.
- Actively seek and maintain professional and friendly relations with the following: administration and faculty, community, Beaver Backers Booster Club, press and media, students and parents.
- Work with the Athletic Director in developing track schedules.
- Develop and present to the administration a yearly departmental budget.
- Administer budget and budget requests according to administration and College mandate.
- Develop an inventory system for all track equipment.
- Remain current with and abide by NJCAA and KJCCC conference rules and regulations.
- Monitor all track and cross country athletes living on or off campus.
- Remain current with professional literature, attending clinics and workshops as available.
- Develop and implement a sound weight training and conditioning program, both during the season and out of season.
- Monitor and maintain practice facilities.
- Recruit student athletes who are in good social standing not only in their respective high schools, but in their communities as well.
- Work towards preserving the student athletes' acceptable social standing in both the institution and the Pratt community.
- Recruit sufficient numbers necessary to operate a meaningful program and to add to the student population as well.
- Be an active member of the Beaver Backers Booster Club and actively participate in fund-raising for the athletic program, including respective sport.
- To serve as the instructor for the Varsity Sports I, II and Body Conditioning I, II classes related to the coaching area assignment. This responsibility includes:
- Preparation of the required course syllabi and instructional materials;
- Maintenance of class grade book with complete records of attendance and grades as per course syllabus;
- Timely completion and return of class rosters and information requests;
- Respond to information requests pertaining to the class from the Department Chair or other offices.
- Other duties as assigned by Athletic Director.
Coordination and Accountability Tasks
- Present a long range plan for improvement of the program, facilities, and equipment for yearly update and review.
- Work under the leadership of the Athletic Director in filling future coaching vacancies.
- Participate with the Athletic Director in an annual evaluation of the track program.
Supervises the Following Staff
Supervise all student workers involved with the program including managers, statistician, etc.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Characteristics
- Willingness to understand the community college role and mission.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, faculty, administration, and community.
- Ability to communicate with and command respect from students and serve as role model to them.
- Coaching and/or playing experience at the high school level required.
- Coaching and/or playing experience at the college level preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
Certifications and/or Licensure
Office setting as well as outdoor work in various weather conditions.
Position requires evening and weekend work.
RESIDENTIAL HALL SUPERVISOR (.33 FTE):
General Description and Purpose
The supervisor will reside on campus and manage a designated residence hall and other halls as assigned or needed. The supervisor is responsible for the direct leadership, management, and supervision of a designated residence hall or halls and group or residents. The supervisor will enforce residence hall rules and regulations, and organize, implement, and develop programs, services and/or procedures within the guidelines established by the Director of Residence Life, the Vice President for Students/Enrollment Management, the President, and the Board of Trustees. The role of the supervisor is also to implement and maintain programs for the residence hall(s) that will result in student educational, social and cultural growth. The supervisor serves as part of the residence life team that supervises the entire residence life program on a rotating or as-needed basis. The Residential Supervisor will also provide support to the Student Recreation Center and assist with other student and residence life programs. Must possess sound communication, organization and supervisory skills; demonstrate a positive student-centered approach and ability to work in a team environment. The position is a full-time, 12-month position and the supervisor is required to live on campus during the 12-month period. Work schedules will include weekends, evenings and holidays as assigned by the Director and will not follow a traditional workweek schedule.
8/28/2019 12:00:00 AM