To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: Human Resources
Job Title: HR Functional Business Analyst & Software Manager
Salary: $52000.00 Annually
Salary Range $50,000 - $55,000 DOQ
At the WSU Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology (WSU Tech) we are DRIVEN by our mission of creating opportunities for a better life to our students and providing the best trained workforce for area employers.
You are to deliver ENTHUSIASTIC, POSITIVE, and EXCEPTIONAL service, regardless of the job, working for our students, other employees, and community partners/employers. Show GRIT and GRACE and strive to give it your all 100% of the time, because you are to be of service. You will serve our students and your co-workers who deserve your best.
The HR Functional Business Analyst and Software Manager position is responsible for assisting with the development, implementation & management of critical HR information systems and reporting of college data to internal and external constituents. Primary responsibilities include management of Ellucian Banner HR and Payroll Module, HR systems software management, HR data management, and constructing HR reports. Ability to maintain confidentiality is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs administration of HR software used by the College.
- Assumes software management duties administering the Ellucian Banner HR and Payroll software module
- Submits and manages IT support tickets with Ellucian and WSU Tech IT Department
- Performs HR and Payroll Banner module upgrade testing in an expeditious manner
- Seeks out new HR and Payroll module features from Ellucian Hub, local, regional and national Banner conferences.
- Trains HR department employees to fully utilize all relevant features of the HR and Payroll Banner module
- Administers, develops and updates electronic forms for HR department
- Ensures system security and data integrity to include risk mitigation
- Analyzes and responds to HR Software support requests from faculty and staff.
- Actively participates in the HR and IT team meetings, accepting new projects, informing the team of critical issues and providing status reports on existing projects
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a related field preferred
- Experience with HR information systems preferred.
- Two years functional user experience with Banner preferred
- Experience with SQL preferred
- Proficiency with advanced Microsoft Excel functions preferred
- Ability to interact well with a diverse campus population
- Excellent organization and customer service skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
Other Position Requirements:
- Works effectively and productively as a team member. Keeps others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintains effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Uses diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintains acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensures appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produces quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identifies what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Completes assigned work; meets deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Performs work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Focuses on the Shocker PROUD Competencies: Professional, Responsive, Open, Understanding and Dependable
- Participates in at least 20 hours of professional development activities to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services, some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student needs, deadlines and delivery of services, including evening and weekend work when necessary. Long periods of sitting or standing will be required. Independent travel to by car and public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses when needed. If driving a personal vehicle for college business, a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance is required.
All of the above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by the position. Duties and assignments may be modified as needed
9/6/2019 12:00:00 AM