To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: Information Technology/FutureMaker Mobile Learning
Job Title: Part-time Event Demonstrator - FutureMaker (Science-Technology-Engineering-Math) Mobile Lab
Salary: $10.00 Hourly
At the WSU Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology (WSU Tech) we are DRIVEN by our mission of creating opportunities for a better life to our students and providing the best trained workforce for area employers.
You are to deliver ENTHUSIASTIC, POSITIVE, and EXCEPTIONAL service, regardless of the job, working for our students, other employees, and community partners/employers.
Show GRIT and GRACE and strive to give it your all 100% of the time, because you are to be of service. You will serve our students and your co-workers who deserve your best.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by the position. Duties will be modified as needed; work assignments and schedule are based on the needs of the college.
Job Summary: This position is part-time 10-30 hours per wee
The role of a part-time FutureMaker Event Demonstrator is to support the FutureMaker program & activities during community and school events using a mobile unit that travels throughout the community called the FutureMaker Mobile Learning Lab. This person is responsible for enthusiastically engaging participants, and demonstrating the FutureMaker equipment to encourage interest in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) careers and trades.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides excellent customer service to visitors.
- Assists students with the operation of devices to increase interest in STEM careers.
- Works effectively with the FutureMaker team and lab participants.
- Actively assists with event setup and pack up of gear, working in a team environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assists in maintenance and improvement of equipment and programs.
- Ability to project with a clear and understandable voice in a low-level background noise environment for extended periods of time.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- High school graduate required, some college preferred.
- Able to communicate and engage with passion and enthusiasm.
- Presents a professional image to the public.
- Ability to interact well with a diverse participant population.
- Excellent customer service skills needed.
- Ability to travel within the Wichita and Kansas region as job requires, with occasional overnight stays.
Other Position Requirements:
- Work effectively and productively as a team member. Keep others informed of information as needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintain effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Use diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrate effective listening skills, and receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintain acceptable overall attendance record, including employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensure appropriate and timely notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when required.
- Ability and desire to learn new things an be open to training on the job.
- Be able to produce an engaging and accurate demonstration for lab participants.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and safety requirements. Identify what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Complete assigned work; meet deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- The FutureMaker Mobile Learning Lab is a school and community events service. Employee schedules are adapted on an event and college needs basis. Team members are expected to have a schedule that is flexible and adaptable to the needs and demands of the program for this position.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked environment with sometimes competing priorities. Daily attendance may be required to meet the needs of the college. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate departmental needs. Long periods of standing may be required. Sufficient vision and hearing are required to complete the work and interact with students, staff, faculty and the public effectively and safely. Independent travel by car and public carrier is required occasionally to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses/locations. Evening and weekend work may be required on occasion. Work schedule will be as needed and required by administration to accomplish assigned duties. Lifting up to sixty pounds may be required on a regular basis.
9/20/2019 12:00:00 AM