To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: Finance & Administration/Events/Maintenance
Job Title: Part Time Events/Maintenance Staff
Salary: $10.00 Hourly
Temporary, Part Time Position that could lead to full time employment
At the WSU Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology (WSU Tech) we are DRIVEN by our mission of creating opportunities for a better life to our students and providing the best trained workforce for area employers.
You are to deliver ENTHUSIASTIC, POSITIVE, and EXCEPTIONAL service, regardless of the job, working for our students, other employees, and community partners/employers. Show GRIT and GRACE and strive to give it your all 100% of the time, because you are to be of service. You will serve our students and your co-workers who deserve your best.
Will assist with set-up & tear down of events at any WSU Tech campus, providing assistance to internal and external customers & caterers utilizing our facilities, and assisting with clean up duties. Will also perform duties as needed to assist Maintenance Technicians responding to facilities issues to provide quality, safe and efficient usage of college buildings and grounds. May be utilized to run miscellaneous errands between campuses or to shop for or pick up ordered items at various retail locations, such as Sam’s Club or Costco.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with set-up and tear down of events, set-up & moving of tables and chairs, moving other equipment as needed.
- Provides general cleaning duties after events such as wiping down tables, taking out trash, etc.
- Drives a college owned vehicle to perform miscellaneous errands as directed by the Director of Events & Logistics or Maintenance Supervisor.
- Provides exceptional customer service to internal and/or external customers utilizing WSU Tech facilities.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a valid Kansas driver’s license and meet WSU Tech driver guidelines pertaining to good driving record.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Must exhibit a positive, helpful demeanor to maintain favorable public relations.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use computers and available software to maintain records, correspondence related to work, and prepare reports as needed.
Other Position Requirements:
- Works effectively and productively as a team member. Keeps others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintains effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Uses diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintains acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensures appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produces quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identifies what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Completes assigned work; meets deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Performs work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Focuses on the Shocker PROUD Competencies: Professional, Responsive, Open, Understanding and Dependable
- Participates in at least 20 hours of professional development activities to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
This position requires adherence to general safety precautions on a routine basis. Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds, bend, stoop, squat, reach, push and pull throughout the work shift. Good attendance is required to meet the needs of the College and students. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate College needs, deadlines and delivery of services. Long periods of sitting and/or standing will be required. Sufficient vision and hearing are required to complete the work and interact with students, staff, faculty and the public. Independent travel by car or public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses/locations when needed. Evening and weekend work may be required. Work schedule will be as needed and required by administration to accomplish assigned duties.
All of the above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by the position. Duties and assignments may be modified as needed.
9/20/2019 12:00:00 AM