To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Lyon County
Division: Facilities Maintenance
Job Title: Maintenance Technician II
Salary: $15.39 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Lyon County after applying.
LYON COUNTY FACILITIES MAINTENANCE is seeking a full-time Maintenance Technician II position. This position starts at 15.39 and has full-time County benefits. All applicants will be required to have three (3) years of general mechanical maintenance experience with plumbing and electrical. The commercial level is preferred. Three years of experience of boiler, chiller, and cooling tower operation preferred. Prior commercial heating and air conditioning experience preferred. Must possess a Kansas Commercial Driver’s License and pass drug/physical tests. High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent required. Serious applicants only need apply.
Applications may be obtained online at www.lyoncounty.org or at the Human Resources Dept. in the Lyon County Courthouse. Applications may be picked up at the Lyon County Courthouse, 430 Commercial, Emporia, KS 66801 or online at either www.lyoncounty.org or www.HREpartners.com.
LYON COUNTY EOE|WOMEN|DISABLED|VETERAN|MINORITY
E.O.E. – LYON COUNTY strongly encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings.
Disclaimer: The above information on this announcement has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employee assigned to this job.
JOB TITLE: MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN II ORIGIN DATE: SEPT. 2000
REPORTS TO: FACILITIES MANAGER REVISION DATE: SEPT. 2018
DEPARTMENT: FACILITIES MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT NO: 10-70
CLASSIFICATION: NON-EXEMPT JOB ZONE: 6.0 to < 7.0
- JOB SUMMARY: This is a non-exempt position. Under the supervision and direction of the Facilities Manager. This position requires the maintenance of all County building systems.
- PRIMARY DUTIES: Duties consist of; but are not limited to:
- Assist in establishing and maintaining preventative maintenance schedules and records for all systems in the assigned County facilities; heating, cooling, electrical, electronic, plumbing and structures.
- Assist in the installation of new equipment or replacement equipment. Record any system changes the new/replacement equipment may cause. Establish appropriate logs and records.
- Perform repairs or have repairs done by others to any County system or building as needed.
- Perform preventative maintenance on any County system or building in accordance with maintenance schedules.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining inventories of maintenance supplies, tools and equipment.
- Responsible to day operation of boilers, chillers, cooling towers, kitchen equipment, emergency generators, laundry equipment, etc..
- To show up for work on a regular and predictable basis as scheduled, etc.
- Duty to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that employee gets along with customers, citizens, coworkers and management.
- Being pleasant, respectful and civil with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Obligation to be reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfill duties.
- Must show up for work on a regular and predictable basis as scheduled
- All other duties as assigned.
- INTERMITTENT DUTIES:
- Identify equipment and rename for sale at auction.
- Attend required and selected seminars or training sessions.
- May be assigned other temporary duties as needed.
- Must have valid Kansas driver’s license.
- Must have or attain Universal HVAC Certification within 2 (two) years of employment.
- EXPERIENCE: Three years of general mechanical maintenance experience required. Three years experience in plumbing and electrical at the commercial level preferred. Three years of boiler, chiller, and cooling tower operation is preferred. Prior commercial heating and air conditioning experience is preferred.
- EDUCATION: High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent required. Training to qualify for certified journeyman in plumbing, heat and air conditioning preferred.
- KNOWLEDGE: Must have the ability to receive, interpret and follow verbal and written instructions. Required to read, write and speak English fluently, with the ability to speak a foreign language helpful. Must be able to read blueprints and schematics. Must acquire pertinent technical knowledge relating to systems.
- Operate a motor vehicle and all equipment relating to maintenance duties.
- Problem Solving: Frequent situations arise in this position, which call for good trouble-shooting ability and careful analysis.
- Decision Making: Frequent situations arise that are outside of standard operating procedures and call for careful action.
- Supervisory: None.
- Budgetary: Minimal transactions occur in this position and there are no budgetary responsibilities.
- Interpersonal: Must be able to work and communicate with department employees, public and vendors.
- Working Conditions: Generally good working conditions with some typical maintenance repair situations that may cause some discomfort. May be exposed to some adverse weather conditions. Subject to voluntary overtime and emergency call-in.
- Physical Requirements: Requires sufficient visual acuity to be able to read and write and use maintenance equipment. Requires sufficient visual acuity to be able to read and write and operate custodial equipment. Requires sufficient hearing level to be able to effectively communicate with others directly or by telephone. Occasionally lift items weighing up to 60 pounds to a height of 60 inches. Must have ability to climb and descend ladders and stairs with tools and equipment. Must not have colorblindness that would prevent color coding of electrical wiring.
- Employees hired after July 22, 2016: Lyon County/City of Emporia (Company) understands that a job analysis is being completed in compliance with the American’s with Disabilities Act (ADA). One of the outcomes of the job analysis is the determination of one or more job specific tests that will either qualify or disqualify the post-offer or post-employment (fit for duty) candidate for the position. For the Classification Series of LYON COUNTY/CITY OF EMPORIA: LABORER MAINTENANCE: The Company representative hereby acknowledges the following as valid physical requirements:
- Employee lifts/carries 80 pounds occasionally (less than 33% of the time or 1-100 times per day).
- Employee lifts/carries 50 pounds frequently (34%-66% of the time or 100-500 times per day).
- Employee lifts/carries 20 pounds constantly (67%-100% of the time or over 500 times per day).
- Employee’s position requires pushing a maximum force of 100 pounds.
- Employee’s position requires pulling a maximum force of 100 pounds.
- SAFE LIFTING CRITERIA:
- Floor to knuckle: 72 lbs
- 12” to knuckle: 72 lbs
- Knuckle to shoulder: 36 lbs
- Shoulder to overhead: N/A
- Carry: 72 lbs
- Push: 90 lbs force
- Pull: 90lbs force
This job description has been examined for compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
By Signing below, I am certifying that I have read and understand the job description. I also attest that there is nothing in this Job Description that precludes me from performing any of the aforementioned duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
Printed Name _____________________________________
Lyon County Representative Signature _________
9/26/2019 12:00:00 AM