To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Emporia State University
Division: University Facilities
Job Title: Power Plant Operator
Salary: $10.00 Hourly
Emporia State University currently has a temporary Power Plant Operator vacancy with our Physical Plant team located in Emporia, KS.
If you . . .
- Are known for your ability to work on and maintain mechanical systems
- Know and respect the importance of being at your duty station in case of emergency or problems
- Are able to effectively work independently, as well as with others as appropriate
- Are able to work a flexible schedule when necessary
. . . then put your skills and abilities to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, university environment.
As a Power Plant Operator you will:
- Perform all duties for the safe and normal operation of high pressure steam boilers
- Monitor campus building automation control system (STAEFA) that regulates heating and cooling
- Perform, analyze and record discharge water test for proper chemical maintenance levels and temperatures of all power house equipment
- Perform routine maintenance on various power house equipment
- Record daily operations in boiler log book
- Check out state vehicles to ESU employees as necessary
The Power Plant Operator:
- Is based in Emporia, KS
- Earns $10-$15 per hour depending on education and experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of experience in power plant operations or similar duties
- Relevant education may be used in place of required experience
How To Apply:
Join the Hornet team as a Power Plant Operator:
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact the agency recruiter if reasonable accommodations are needed for any part of the application or hiring process.
Emporia State University values and welcomes the benefits of diversity, and pledges to current and prospective students, faculty, staff, administrators, and the public that we expect and demand the worth and dignity of all people be recognized without regard to any classification that might preclude a person from consideration as an individual. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Emporia State University considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.
Emporia State University is committed to maintaining a safe environment in which students, faculty, staff, and guests can work together free from all forms of harassment, exploitation, and intimidation. The University regards inappropriate behavior, unfair treatment or harassment of any individual to be inconsistent with its goals of providing an atmosphere in which students, faculty, staff and administrators may safely learn, work, and live. For more information, we encourage you to access our Annual Security Report for Emporia State University online at http://www.emporia.edu/right2know/documents/ESU_Annual_Security_Report.pdf.
In accordance with the Higher Education Re-authorization Act, Emporia State University provides information to all students and potential employees regarding its Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention programs. The content within the site includes information on prevention and support resources, health risks, university policy, city, state, and federal ordinances and laws, and legal sanctions. This information is available on the web at: http://www.emporia.edu/finaid/consumer-information.html.
The Immigration Reform Act of 1986 requires both identity and eligibility for employment proof within three days of employment.
Recruitment Contact Information
Post: Human Resources, Emporia State University
1 Kellogg Circle, Campus Box 4044
Emporia, KS 66801
10/7/2019 12:00:00 AM