To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Since this is a public safety position, you will be required to submit extra information as part of the application process.
Employer: City of Clearwater
Job Title: Police Officer
Salary: $16.50 Hourly
The primary responsibility of a police officer is to protect and serve the citizens of Clearwater. This position provides citizen assistance, enforces all federal, state as well as local laws and performs patrol duties. Providing public assistance, making arrests, issuing traffic citations, investigating crimes as well as accidents and other related law enforcement activities are primary responsibilities of this position.
- Enforces all federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
- Protects the life and property of citizens in Clearwater.
- Apprehends and arrests persons involved in crimes or misconduct in a safe and constitutional method following established rules and regulations set by the State, department and courts.
- Performs traffic control duties, issues traffic citations and investigates accidents.
- Performs routine patrol duties of City streets, parks, commercial as well as residential areas, building checks and prepares reports; performs surveillance as needed.
- Investigates crime scenes, seizes and preserves evidence; develops leads and tips; interviews witnesses, suspects and victims.
- Responds to emergency situations, deciding course of action, performs CPR or First Aid and assists ambulance or fire crews as needed.
- Responds to emergencies using own judgment in deciding course of action.
- Operates and maintains law enforcement equipment including patrol vehicles, firearms and communication equipment.
- Serves warrants, subpoenas and other legal documents.
- Testifies in court, obtains advice from the City Attorney, Court Administrator and Municipal Prosecutor regarding cases.
- Coordinates activities and assists other law enforcement agencies, transports prisoners.
- Conducts safety programs for the public to include but not limited to DARE, traffic safety, crime prevention, community-oriented policing and bicycle safety.
- Maintains contact with police supervisors to provide general information regarding department activities.
- Answers citizen complaints as well as investigating suspicious conditions and takes necessary corrective action.
- Informs public on laws, ordinances and general information.
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Provides security during various events as directed.
- Performs animal control duties as needed.
- Serves as weather watcher.
- Maintains proficiency and certifications.
- Assists with training new personnel.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary or assigned.
- Knowledge of modern law enforcement principals, procedures, techniques and equipment.
- Ability to learn the applicable laws, ordinances and department rules and regulations.
- Capable of solving problems encountered in various situations.
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of all federal, state and local laws and ordinances, as well as law enforcement techniques.
- Should possess excellent public relation, oral and written communication skills.
- CPR and First Aid Certified.
- Ability to interact with the public in a positive and informative approach.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- No Felony convictions or disqualifying criminal history.
- U.S. Citizen.
- A technical degree or some college credit relating to law enforcement or criminal justice is preferred.
- Certification from the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center and 40 hours of continuing education annually.
- Valid Kansas driver’s license.
Clearwater starts Police Officers with no experience at $16.50 per hour, more for experienced, certified officer. After completing the law enforcement academy (KLETC) the officer recieves a $.75 raise to $17.25. Additionally Clearwater offers a $500 retention bonus after one year and a $1000 retention bonus after two years.
10/10/2019 12:00:00 AM
1/31/2020 11:59:59 PM