To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: Information Technology
Job Title: Part Time Student Helpdesk (Temp Position)
Salary: $8.00 Hourly
At the WSU Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology (WSU Tech) we are DRIVEN by our mission of creating opportunities for a better life to our students and providing the best trained workforce for area employers.
You are to deliver ENTHUSIASTIC, POSITIVE, and EXCEPTIONAL service, regardless of the job, working for our students, other employees, and community partners/employers. Show GRIT and GRACE and strive to give it your all 100% of the time, because you are to be of service. You will serve our students and your co-workers who deserve your best.
The IT Student Helpdesk Assistant will assist students with password resets, navigating WSUTech Websites and connecting to the Wi-Fi network especially from student smartphones, tablets and laptops. The primary work location will be the IT office of the Campus to which assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides excellent customer service to WSU Techj Students
- Assists WSU Tech students in understanding the Student IT guide
- Assists WSU Tech Students with their IT questions via phone calls and emails
- Assists bookstore customers with connecting new devices to the WSU Tech Wi-Fi network and connecting to WSU Tech IT services using the Student IT guide
- Answers the Student IT Helpdesk phone number and call back students needing password resets or help with the Student IT guide
- Provides the IT Department with suggestions on how to better serve students and improve the Student IT Guide
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Be a WSUTECH student in good standing
- Be enrolled in WSUTECH’s IT Essentials Program or have completed CompTIA A+ Certification
- Ability to identify basic student IT needs
- Work Ethic Certified, preferred.
- Ability to interact well with a diverse campus population.
- Excellent organization and customer service skills.
Other Position Requirements:
- Works effectively and productively as a team member. Keeps others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintains effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Uses diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintains acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensures appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produces quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identifies what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Completes assigned work; meets deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Performs work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Focuses on the Shocker PROUD Competencies: Professional, Responsive, Open, Understanding and Dependable
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services, some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student needs, deadlines and delivery of services, including evening and weekend work when necessary. Long periods of sitting or standing will be required. Independent travel to by car and public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses when needed. If driving a personal vehicle for college business, a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance is required.
All of the above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by the position. Duties and assignments may be modified as needed.
10/16/2019 12:00:00 AM