To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Pratt Community College
Division: Nursing Department
Job Title: Nursing PN Program- PCC's Winfield Campus
Salary: $0 Monthly
- Serve as a professional role model for students.
- Support and consistently apply the guidelines established for the students and the Nursing Program, including those appearing in the Student Handbook and Nursing Faculty Handbook.
- Assist in the development, implementation, evaluation, and revision of the total curriculum.
- Review and ensure accuracy of course materials before posting on web or distributing to students or other faculty.
- Assign students to the available units and evaluate the clinical/observational and simulation experiences.
- Perform classroom/clinical teaching as assigned by the Director of Nursing.
- Make appropriate arrangements for alternate faculty in the event of scheduled class/clinical absences, and submit Class Absence Form in advance for Director’s approval.
- Notify Director of Nursing immediately in the event of illness or emergency requiring unscheduled classroom or clinical absence.
- Evaluate learning experiences at the completion of each course.
- Assist with the organization of the skills lab as assigned.
- Regularly advise nursing students regarding academic standing and progress.
- Maintain student grades and attendance on Self-Service and as directed.
- Discuss student progress with the Director of Nursing and co-instructors when necessary or as directed.
- Maintain a minimum of six weekly posted open office hours for student consultation.
- Meet with nursing students as needed for purposes of advising, enrollment, and career counseling.
- Serve on college and department committees as assigned.
- Submit all paperwork requests for typing or photocopying to the department secretary at least one week in advance of their use.
- Recommend required textbooks, instructional media and books for adoption and/or purchase by the Learning Resource Center to the Director.
- Participate in the interview process for prospective nursing faculty and staff as assigned.
- Participate in the interview process for prospective nursing students as assigned.
- Actively recruit students and assist with student registration.
- Sponsor student and college activities as assigned.
- Attend all scheduled Nursing Faculty Organization meetings and division meetings unless excused by the Director of Nursing.
- Implement established policies with contracted clinical facilities.
- Participate in clinical orientation for faculty as requested by the assigned clinical facility or by the Director.
- Maintain and seek to improve currency and competency in nursing skills, issues, and trends related to assigned content area of teaching.
- Maintain membership in at least one professional organization (strongly encouraged but not required).
- Comply with health and CPR requirements.
- Clinical faculty must meet all student health requirements as noted in the Nursing Student Handbook
- Notify Director of Nursing immediately if change in RN licensure status or revocation.
- Assist with annual department inventory.
- Fulfill other departmental duties as assigned and implement decisions made by the Director of Nursing.
- Assume other duties within the guidelines and policies of the Faculty, Nursing Faculty, and the Employee’s Handbook as designated by the administration.
- Support college activities through attendance and/or participation.
- Coordinate with Director of Nursing and other faculty as needed.
- Instructor shall maintain currency in the teaching discipline as required to maintain quality in the curriculum.
- Shall possess and maintain appropriate and effective classroom methods, techniques, materials and strategies, as well as advising and interpersonal skills with students, prospective students, and co-workers.
- Recent clinical and/or nursing education experience required.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing required for PN program, Masters of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Masters of Science in Nursing required for ADN program.
- Unrestricted Kansas Registered Nurse License required.
- The qualifications listed are guidelines for selection purposes; alternative qualifications may be substituted if sufficient to perform the duties.
SALARY and STATUS:
The salary is commensurate with qualifications as determined by the 2019-2020 Master Agreement Salary Schedule. This full-time faculty position is 9-months annual, due process rights eligible, benefit eligible and exempt.
10/18/2019 12:00:00 AM