To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Coffeyville
Job Title: HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER
The City of Coffeyville is seeking applications for the position of Human Resources Officer. $50,473 - $64,812 annual salary plus excellent benefit package. The Human Resources Officer is a generalist position in a one person human resource department. The city currently has 154 budgeted positions and hires approximately 50-60 seasonal workers.
Example of pPosition responsiblities:
- Oversee and implement HR policies, programs and practices and identify improvement and resolutions;
- Oversee all payroll functions within city including all regulatory reporting;
- Recruit and maintain an effective workforce; develop and implement compensation strategies that align with city goals. Establish and maintain wage and salary structure and pay policies;
- Administer all employee benefits plan and monitor those plans for cost savings and recommend changes in benefits offered;
- Lead city compliance with all governmental, labor, legal and government reporting including EEO, ADA, FMLA, ERISA;
- Direct organizational development that addresses succession planning, workforce development and employee retention;
- Lead city safety and health programs. Administer workers compensation program.
- Participate in labor negotiations and monitor city compliance with terms of Memorandum of Agreements.
Ideal candidate should have:
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organization planning, safety, workers compensation. Ability to maintain high level of confidentiaility; excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; and
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Public Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience in related field along with verifiable work history; and
- Minimum of five years increasingly responsible Human Resources Department generalist experience with three years experience at management level; and
- IPMA and/or SHRM certifications a plus.
Screening will include background investigation, physical exam and drug screen.
Applicants must be willing to meet City of Coffeyville residency requirements and reside within USD 445 school district boundaries. Applications available at www.hrepartners.com until position filled. Review of applications will begin November 1, 2019. EOE
10/28/2019 12:00:00 AM